2002 Subaru WRX Wagon

This is a discussion on 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, just thought id ask if anyone has any suggestions for mods for a 2002 subaru wrx...

2002 Subaru WRX Wagon

Hello, just thought id ask if anyone has any suggestions for mods for a 2002 subaru wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If I had to do my 02 over again I would get nice brakes, new shocks and springs instead of just springs, short throw shifter, and turboback with a nice tune. Oh and replace the up-pipe. That is what I would start with.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    If I had to do my 02 over again I would get nice brakes, new shocks and springs instead of just springs, short throw shifter, and turboback with a nice tune. Oh and replace the up-pipe. That is what I would start with.
    well im buying the car in a week and the springs and shocks were just replaced...i dont remember if the rear brakes are drum or rotor...do you know of any turbo rebuild kits?

Stock shocks and springs? I ment for lowering I would get new shocks to go along with lowering springs instead of just springs or coilovers. Disk brakes all around but they kinda suck (my stock Honda Fit stops on a dime in comparison). New brake lines and/or new brake kit would help. If the turbo is going bad just get a new one instead of a rebuild, TD04s are cheap slightly used, or get something else.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Hey, i'm also about to purchase an 02 WRX with 115k km's. mods include a K&N air filter and tein s lowering springs. i'm excited!