Can this be possible???? hurry plz.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Can this be possible???? hurry plz. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, so I know this might be a stupid question but ill ask anyways ( remember I'm new a this). ...

Can this be possible???? hurry plz.

Ok, so I know this might be a stupid question but ill ask anyways ( remember I'm new a this).

Ok so I'm really interested in buying a used engine with only 23,000 miles perfectly working. The only obstacle is whether or not the engine would fit my car. I have an 04' Subaru wrx and the engine I want is a 07' WRX engine. Is this possible *hoping it is, but have an itchy feeling its not possible*.

Thanks everyone in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Its possible, but you would need to swap the ecu, and the wiring harness.

You have to realize you have a 2.0L and are swapping in a 2.5L, which will require swapping more than just the engine itself.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

so basically how much more will it run me, because as of now all I know I have to pay 1000 for the engine and my cousin can mount the engine.

THanks again.

Swapping the wiring harness is a major undertaking. It requires stripping the interior of the car and running all the wiring through it. That doesn't include all the swaps on the engine bay. Many, many hours of work.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    But if your cousin is doing it for FREE, then you would definitely owe him something.

Will definitely be a sweet setup when you finish though! Also make sure you have another means of transportation, as this wont be done in 1 day thing.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

ooo *Jesus* many many hours ???? so since I can obviously assume my cousin is not that good in which he can do all that wiring, about how much will it cost me to get some one to do it.

THanks again everyone.

BTW, I'm kinda speechless cause I found an engine with only 20,000 mi for 1000 and basically a month ago I was about to purchase an 04' engine with 60k mi for alot more.
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

I Support ClubWRX
    two logins?

It wont be cheap. I have no idea and it would depend on where you get it done, 1-2k is a guess.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would expect to pay over $1000 just for the install of the wiring harness. Maybe $800 for the harness itself (depends on where you get it), and a couple hundred for the ECU.

FYI, just about everyone I have seen buy a used engine to swap in and thought they got a great deal ended up with a bad motor that needed to be replaced again within a few months. What's the background on the engine, and why is it being sold?

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I would expect to pay over $1000 just for the install of the wiring harness. Maybe $800 for the harness itself (depends on where you get it), and a couple hundred for the ECU.

FYI, just about everyone I have seen buy a used engine to swap in and thought they got a great deal ended up with a bad motor that needed to be replaced again within a few months. What's the background on the engine, and why is it being sold?
    This is exactly what he said to me when I asked him "it was a salvaged car that i used to build mine and my sister car. motor has 23 000 and was running great. you can literary take whatever you need from the car not a problem."

zax
    What exactly is wrong with your current motor?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

hello everyone.
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    you could on the other hand just drop in a ej2.5T shortblock and use your 2.0T heads that would save any issues with ecu and wiring harness
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    What exactly is wrong with your current motor?

+1

If you can use your heads and throttle body off of your current motor then you don't have to worry about all the other stuff. If you just need a short block, then there's not point in paying for all the rest of the stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.