'06 WRX STi Question...

This is a discussion on '06 WRX STi Question... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently saw a guy selling a wicked '06 STi, black with red stripes. I really like it but it ...

Question '06 WRX STi Question...

I recently saw a guy selling a wicked '06 STi, black with red stripes. I really like it but it has 186k on it... so, saying it needs a new motor, how much would that be???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by timbazooka View Post
    I recently saw a guy selling a wicked '06 STi, black with red stripes. I really like it but it has 186k on it... so, saying it needs a new motor, how much would that be???
    Well are you looking at getting a motor built? Built motors, depending on options, I've seen run from 5500 to 10k. I'm sure there are several more expensive ones out here such as the cosworth blocks that cost upwards of 15k. But if you just wanted to get a motor from a wrecked STi you'd be looking at about 3k. Or get your's rebuilt to stock specs for about 3k to 3500 I'm sure.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Well are you looking at getting a motor built? Built motors, depending on options, I've seen run from 5500 to 10k. I'm sure there are several more expensive ones out here such as the cosworth blocks that cost upwards of 15k. But if you just wanted to get a motor from a wrecked STi you'd be looking at about 3k. Or get your's rebuilt to stock specs for about 3k to 3500 I'm sure.
    Alright, thanks! That answered all my questions about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    The guy is selling it for $7,500... what do you think? The body is in great condition, the motor runs ok. And the interior is in alright condition, the tires are toyo summer performance tires with 75% tread left so... what do you think about that deal?

Is it posted online somewhere? If so can you post a link? My initial though was that it seems really inexpensive, but after checking KBB, it sounds inline with "Fair" (as apposed to Good or Excellent) market value.

A factory stock EJ257 block can be had for around $2000 (plus shipping).
    Subaru EJ257 2004-2006 STi 2.5 Liter Shortblock
    Figure installation to be at least another $1000.

Where are you located? Have you checked to see if there are any Subaru Specialized shops in your area?

Well... it's not posted online. Just one of our family friend's cars. I love near Spokane, Washington and there is a dealer over here I could check out... soo... thanks for your help and thanks for checking on that value. I appreciate it.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah...link.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.