Bought this last night for cheap:
That's an 03, rebuilt title (I don't think the damage was that bad, probably totaled due to cost of repair vs lower value high milage 8yr old car), 120k on the clock. Appears mostly stock except cold air intake and exhaust.
It is amazingly clean inside and out. As clean or cleaner than it looks in pics.
I'm going to give it a shot for daily commuting, but I'm 38, have kid, so don't want it too radical. In fact, I might would like to put an OEM exhaust back on it, as I don't need it sounding like I'm a rad-tatt'd-up 20yr old when I roll into the office every morning.
Car is very very firm and race-car feeling. Assuming this is stock suspension, but I'm kindof surprised about it... feels tight/good.
1) During drive home from buying it last night, I note it pulls strong to about 115, then kindof starts "pulsating". Doesn't feel like the normal electronic speed limiter I'm accustomed to, more like the turbo just can't push anymore... is this normal? Is this normal top speed for a mostly stock 03?
2) I don't think the major services have been done. What am I looking at exactly? Timing belt? Water Pump? What else is critical? I'm into it cheap, and don't want to spend more than I need to, so I can get out of it clean if need be. Is there a clean list of the must-do's?
3) Whats the scoop with year-models and wheel compatibility? I think these are 17 OEM's, but I can't tell (someone can probably tell by photo)? Tires are still good, but when i replace tires, I usually get OEM take-off's with new OEM tires on them.... I could see putting some newer take-off's, even STI's on there, if they would fit. Anyone know the year models that are compatible with this 03?
4) What else do I need to know from a daily-driver perspective?
5) Oh, out of curiosity, whats a good price for this car? I feel like I got into it neatly, but that's just a guess...