2011 WRX drivers side door mirror distorted

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX drivers side door mirror distorted within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Been noticing that my drivers side door mirror is distorted on my 2011 WRX hatch - anyone else has this ...

2011 WRX drivers side door mirror distorted

Been noticing that my drivers side door mirror is distorted on my 2011 WRX hatch - anyone else has this issue? Seems to be common on the 09 Foresters and '10 Outbacks. Added to the list of "things to do" at the 1st oil change!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello,

I am new here as well, this is my first post.. Anyways, I recently purchased a 2011 WRX 5-door and was thinking there is something wrong with my mirror as well so I am glad to see that I might not be seeing things! I am going to contact my dealer and see what they say.. I would appreciate hearing how this resovles for you too..

Scott

i had the same issue with my 2010 wrx hatch. it bothered me quite a bit at first, but i have gotten used to it and i dont really notice it anymore. man, subarus are so quirky
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I have the same "issue" with my '11....it really doesn't bother me that much to be honest though.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Well just had the first oil change this morning, and yes 11 WRX's must have synthetic oil. 70 bucks from the dealer! Time to go back to doing them myself! Anyway, as for the mirror, the "tech" said there is nothing wrong, when i asked for the manager said he could see out of the mirrors fine too, so i went out with him and insisted he look at the house that was behind us and tell me that the image on the left and the image on the right were the same - he still said "i dont see anything, but I'll order you a mirror."
    Be firm. We have brand new cars, they should be fully functional!

I have a 2011 and have the same problem. It seems like everyone is having problems only with the drivers side. I need to go to the dealer this drives me crazy sometimes.

UPDATE: Just had the mirror replaced yesterday evening - i checked the replacement before they installed it - it looked perfect. However as luck would have it, they broke the motor during installation (don't know how that happened but anyway) so now the drivers side has to be adjusted manually and i have to go back next week for them to replace the whole housing. Strange thing is the mirror, while much better than the original, is still a little distorted. Makes me thing its not the actual mirror but the housing that maybe isn't perfectly molded so it bends the glass when its all put together.

I wonder if it is when they are doing the install that they are getting warped by bending or flexing the mirror? Im not sure how these attach but I've seen other cars that just get pushed or popped in with a ball and socket attachment. If the ball and socket was in the center of the mirror and the installer held it from the sides and pushed it in it might flex the mirror causing it to warp. If it was pushed in right over the ball and socket it would not flex. Just a theory.