New Heart

This is a discussion on New Heart within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Heya all just a quick report on a engine transplant performed On saturday My brother has a vIII 1996 wrx ...

New Heart

Heya all just a quick report on a engine transplant performed On saturday

My brother has a vIII 1996 wrx he blew the engine about 2 weeks ago
    (Dont ask me how 18years and no car experience go figure)

After pleading to me to help I told him to go ahead and purchase a engine and get it deliverd to my house
    The engine was deliverd at 10:30am on sat morning and by 9pm that night (with a 4 hour break as i went to the beach) We turned the key to hear nothing...

As my brother looked at me with a slightly dissapointed look, my mind flashed as iIrememberd as I conected the starter motor I was distracted and forgot to connect the little plug also
    I looked at him said 1sec put my hand around the intercooler connected it and said give it a go now
    He turned the key and as you could imagine had a grin from ear to ear

Over all the transplant went smooth no hassles with the dreaded turbo exaust bolts evan the heat shields came of nicely
    1 rounded nut on the engine mounts which was shown a hammer and a 13mm soccet which convinced it to release its hold
    the engine loom was simple had to swap 1 sensor connection
    and extend one other connection

My brother is so happy he has his car running again
    I do got to say he done a good job on spanner duties
    (evan with the bare minimal tools I have)

This is about my 5th engine transplant and i got to say I like the subaru engine to me there so simple to workon
    Only done one other engine which was a nissan skyline GTST and hands down gimme a Sub any day

Cheers all I just realised now i shoulda taken pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet! Good for you and your brother. I was thinking as I was reading through what you ended with.. Pics would have been great. but good story still.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I love it when you don't run into any problems when working on a car, but this always seems to happen...lol congratz
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257