New Heart
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Heart within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Heya all just a quick report on a engine transplant performed On saturday My brother has a vIII 1996 wrx ...

New Heart

Heya all just a quick report on a engine transplant performed On saturday

My brother has a vIII 1996 wrx he blew the engine about 2 weeks ago
    (Dont ask me how 18years and no car experience go figure)

After pleading to me to help I told him to go ahead and purchase a engine and get it deliverd to my house
    The engine was deliverd at 10:30am on sat morning and by 9pm that night (with a 4 hour break as i went to the beach) We turned the key to hear nothing...

As my brother looked at me with a slightly dissapointed look, my mind flashed as iIrememberd as I conected the starter motor I was distracted and forgot to connect the little plug also
    I looked at him said 1sec put my hand around the intercooler connected it and said give it a go now
    He turned the key and as you could imagine had a grin from ear to ear

Over all the transplant went smooth no hassles with the dreaded turbo exaust bolts evan the heat shields came of nicely
    1 rounded nut on the engine mounts which was shown a hammer and a 13mm soccet which convinced it to release its hold
    the engine loom was simple had to swap 1 sensor connection
    and extend one other connection

My brother is so happy he has his car running again
    I do got to say he done a good job on spanner duties
    (evan with the bare minimal tools I have)

This is about my 5th engine transplant and i got to say I like the subaru engine to me there so simple to workon
    Only done one other engine which was a nissan skyline GTST and hands down gimme a Sub any day

Cheers all I just realised now i shoulda taken pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet! Good for you and your brother. I was thinking as I was reading through what you ended with.. Pics would have been great. but good story still.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I love it when you don't run into any problems when working on a car, but this always seems to happen...lol congratz
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.