Ordered 10/22/2010 came in 1/05/2011
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ordered 10/22/2010 came in 1/05/2011 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up my 2011 WRX Limited in blue on Wednesday. Nothing but positive things to say about it, except.... ...

Ordered 10/22/2010 came in 1/05/2011

Just picked up my 2011 WRX Limited in blue on Wednesday. Nothing but positive things to say about it, except....

It came in with the dunlop summer performance tires and we got 6+ inches of snow today. Thinking I have a Subaru and can go anywhere with my AWD I took it out this morning to head to work and was very disapointed lol. Couldn't touch the brakes without a horrible grinding sound and couldn't turn if my life depended on it. HOWEVER.... right after work I took a nice slow drive to the local tire shop and picked up a set of Nexen Wingaurd snow performance tirer =] After that there was no stopping the rex.

Only have 180 miles on it and will be sure to update as i get some more driving time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=atomic619jd;2705723 Thinking I have a Subaru and can go anywhere with my AWD.[/QUOTE]

AWD will NOT let you stop any faster or turn any faster.

Summer tires are a horrible idea for snow.. just.. horrible.

and ya.. that ABS system in our cars is quite the odd sounding device.. personally i find it increases stopping time a lot compared to keeping the breaks just under the point where it kicks in.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You can usually still turn in poor traction conditions by giving it gas.. although not every situation lends itself to this technique.

Any pictures?

Congrats on the new ride! Smart move stopping and picking up winter tires right away too! Im stuck waiting til monday for mine.

Congrats! Welcome to the Club!!

Glad you got new tires QUICKLY!

-Jeff

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.