New member, soon to be owner from Southern Maryland - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member, soon to be owner from Southern Maryland within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I assume that's with tax and the price was in the low 28s??...

I Support ClubWRX
    I assume that's with tax and the price was in the low 28s??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    I assume that's with tax and the price was in the low 28s??
    Correct, it was around $28.2k...
    Clark Tuned | Cobb SRI, DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | STi Group-N Engine Mounts | Plate Relocation | KB F+R Endlinks, Pitch Stop, Shift Knob, F+R Shift Bushings | Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear, Gearbox +Shift | PST Carbon Driveshaft | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Yakima Roof Rack + Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

I Support ClubWRX
    That's about right (what I paid anyway) for the ltd.

Did you know that you don't pay tax on the amount you pay with the trade-in? ...not sure if you were still considering that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    That's about right (what I paid anyway) for the ltd.

Did you know that you don't pay tax on the amount you pay with the trade-in? ...not sure if you were still considering that.
    I'm not trading anything in, going to keep my Scion for a beater car... but thanks for the info :]
    Clark Tuned | Cobb SRI, DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | STi Group-N Engine Mounts | Plate Relocation | KB F+R Endlinks, Pitch Stop, Shift Knob, F+R Shift Bushings | Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear, Gearbox +Shift | PST Carbon Driveshaft | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Yakima Roof Rack + Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

I Support ClubWRX
    Damn so get this... I wasn't aware USAA does a Car Buying Service to get you up front member prices on new cars at a USAA certified dealer. What sucks is that I already have Scion of Annapolis with a WRX on order for me with it being due in around March... I wonder if I can work with them to match this price even though they're not a USAA certified dealer or tell them I'm going to be taking my business to a dealership even closer. Best case they match, next best they don't match but the other dealership can get that car from them and save me the $2K off the quoted price... or I'll re-order and start all over. Hell $2K is $2K no matter how you slice it :]

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm curious though if the USAA price included taxes, etc...

I went through American Express via Zag: American Express | Car Buying Home Page

Up front invoice pricing on the car and options, but it sounds like you did something similar. Even though it's a possible headache you're right man, 2G's is a decent amount of cash.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yessir.. I'll do some calling around today and see what I can work... $2K is my TBE and other goodies :]

I Support ClubWRX
    I just read this:

You are protected at the dealership when you decide to buy a model with different options. Just ask to see the vehicle's invoice price to calculate the purchase price.

If you choose additional options, your price relative to Invoice will not change. Additional options are priced at the Invoice Price - not MSRP, so your selling price may change but not your price relative to Invoice.

Your price includes destination and all other manufacturer fees plus default incentives. Default incentives assume a retail vehicle purchase. Your Certified Dealer will confirm incentive compatibility with Manufacturer Lease/Finance offers.

Your price does not include dealer documentation (processing), tax, DMV, registration, title, license, other government fees, or dealer installed accessories.

Your price relative to invoice applies to cars in stock for this model and trim.

Navigation/Limited Availability packages and Diesel/Hybrid engines may be priced differently.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm wondering if instead I'm talking a few hundred vs. a G or two.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got off the phone with another dealership, they told me they'd be able to get me out the door at around $29.5... it's about a $700 savings over the other one for the exact same vehicle and they're saying it'd be in around the same time frame...

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    Yessir.. I'll do some calling around today and see what I can work... $2K is my TBE and other goodies :]
    I wish I had 2K for toys haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    Just got off the phone with another dealership, they told me they'd be able to get me out the door at around $29.5... it's about a $700 savings over the other one for the exact same vehicle and they're saying it'd be in around the same time frame...
    I'd say OTD 29.5 tax/title/everything is very good.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well it only ends up being $500 after all said and done, so now I'm in the process of working something with the dealership I had purchase my WRX from initially to see if they can match the $500 or beat it for the sake of keeping things easy.

I Support ClubWRX
    So I was able to get the dealership I had ordered the WRX from initially match and beat the price by about $30... so now I'm looking at a Limited WRX w/STS for $29.7 out the door. That's about $530 off what it was... can't complain.

I wouldn't complain either. I think you did pretty damn good. Shopping around pays off! Now comes the waiting part?

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast