2003 WRX for 5500$
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2003 WRX for 5500$ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2003 Subaru wrx 2003 WRX with 150K miles, they are asking ,500. I want to know if this is a ...

2003 WRX for 5500$

2003 Subaru wrx

2003 WRX with 150K miles, they are asking $5,500. I want to know if this is a good deal, what I should look for when I go to inspect the car, and if this is maybe to many miles for this car. I have no experience with Subaru or AWD cars.

Also what is different about the STI? is a WRX irs? or live axle?
    Last edited by SXGT; 01-06-2011 at 12:43 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just do a few searches on here there are threads that are about buying these cars used. 5500 isnt that bad, but there is lots of stuff to look for just like any other car. take it and get it checked out is the easiest thing.

As far as the diff between the wrx and sti everything is diff except they are awd and turbo haha
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

All WRX's have Independent Rear suspension, this ain't no Mustang
    And sense most people who ask about suspension setup I thought I'd point out that the 02-07 WRX's has Rear Viscus type LSD, and the front diff is Open.

There are lots of differences between the WRX's and STI's.

That isn't a good or bad price. Have the car checked out by a mechanic for sure. And make sure it's never been modified.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I would take the car into a shop to have the car inspected. Its a fair price. Is it in good condition body wise? Well good luck with you search... keep us posted.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.