This is a discussion on Newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, im a newbie, i like chocolate chip cookies ice cream AND SUBARU!!!!!! More on a serious note, i just ...

Smile Newbie

Hi, im a newbie, i like chocolate chip cookies ice cream AND SUBARU!!!!!!

More on a serious note, i just registered.

i got myself into a deep addiction of subaruness so i got a 2003 subaru wrx. I fell in love with it when i drove home from school one day, and i saw in the parking lot of some offshore dealership warehouse. I just got it for 6500. it has some cosmetic wear and tear but its still the Old Blue Bugeye. it has 97432 miles on it, give or take. its rusted up a bit because it was picked up in Florida (salt water pfft).

First of all, can i take it to a dealership or shop to get it clean up and rust free? Also, i was looking at the engine compartment, (beside the rust) please someone confirm this but is it when the stock heat plate covers over the turbo, that means no one has mess with the engine or no mod what so ever ... please comfirm that for me.

Second, i have check for if its clear title or whatever, the dealer have the tittle 2 the car, now i have it. i have also checked for flooding in the car, and none whatsoever, lets just say that its a clean subaru.

One thing i know about the car is that someone who owned this vehicle, cut out the catback and instead of having a long catback exhuast, the exhuast stop at where the driver seat and handrest are. I dont know the technical term for that ... im a noobie, when fixing it, do i buy a full catback muffer system ?

Supsension would be strut, spring as usual, rear and front anti sway bar, im good 2 go, its an all wheel drive, common .... AWD says it all

As to upgrading the car, i have to do a cpression leaking whatever test, probably a ppg gear, shor shifter, and ect ect, then engine management, ie turbo timer, controller, fuel pump, fuel inection, then vf48 right ?>?? the 18g blouch or whatever, but thats later later later ...

Right now i just want to say hi, thats all i know a bit long, what can i say, i want to answer as much questions as possible.
    Last edited by noobtube; 01-01-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    A 300whp car with stock transmission is like stephen hawking,
    ask him how he is doing
    i am so going 2 heII for this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by noobtube View Post
    i just registered.
    Welcome.

First of all, can i take it to a dealership or shop to get it clean up and rust free?
    Talk to a good detailer locally.

please someone confirm this but is it when the stock heat plate covers over the turbo, that means no one has mess with the engine or no mod what so ever ... please comfirm that for me.
    Nobody can confirm that for you. When the stock heat plate covers the turbo, that means that the stock heat plate is covering the turbo. Whether that was the case before you bought the car is unknown. Look for marks on bolts instead. Those will be more telling.

when fixing it, do i buy a full catback muffer system ?
    Is the cat still present? What flange or fitting is present? If you can't sort out what's missing it'll be easier to take it to a muffler shop.

As to upgrading the car, i have to do a cpression leaking whatever test, probably a ppg gear, shor shifter, and ect ect, then engine management, ie turbo timer, controller, fuel pump, fuel inection, then vf48 right ?>?? the 18g blouch or whatever, but thats later later later ...
    Even assuming the ect ect is free, the rest of the stuff you mentioned can add up to more than the value of the car. Small steps instead I'd say -- see what the car needs as far as repairs and go from there.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

nope, no cat is still present, 2.5 is what im looking at ... and i been looking at the catback system, just might as well buy the whole exhaust system new, and ill start with catless up and catted down pipe with catalyst 3" prefer for up and down. and cmonnon its an exhaust system, aftermarket usually on the these model are great investment for me. especially at these milage numbers and the car age
    A 300whp car with stock transmission is like stephen hawking,
    ask him how he is doing
    i am so going 2 heII for this

Sorry man, I am also newbie here, and surfing the site. Anyway , best of luck..