Help Me !!! My First WRX and I Need More Performace???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help Me !!! My First WRX and I Need More Performace??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got a 2002 Wrx Impreza.. I got it completely Stock it has 120,000 mile on it. I just ...

Thumbs up Help Me !!! My First WRX and I Need More Performace???

I just got a 2002 Wrx Impreza.. I got it completely Stock it has 120,000 mile on it. I just bought a cold air intake, from STP, I did the timing belt, and bought a 3 inch exhaust down pipe back. And I have me some sick snow tires from michellin. I want more HP and performace. I looking for a turbo upgrade. But I don't want to go to big where I'm running into engine problems.. I need help on which turbos are good upgrades since this is my first subaru. I plan on getting MSG ignition and possible a ecu or computer for turbo depending on what y'all say. Take into effect that this is my daily driver and I live in Mass and I need to Pass inspection. Thanks everyone for you help.. Cause I sure need it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I also just put on all brand New struts!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

I don't know what MSG ignition is but also don't see a way of fitting it, whatever it might be, nor do I see a potential benefit. I'd ask around.

See the link in my signature for mod info and other useful stuff.

A map would not be a bad idea at all. First see if the up pipe has been replaced. All this is explained in the link.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sorry it was a typeo I mention MSD ingtion

I Support ClubWRX
    OK I know the firm but I still am unclear how it could be useful or even what or how to fit onto the car. In short, you don't need it. See the link instead IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Until you've got over 4X the cost of the car invested in modifications, ignition shouldn't be an issue (even then, it likely shouldn't be).

You still have the OE uppipe? If so, that should be replaced. Then, consider tuning the vehicle; contact shops in the area to find out their method of choice in terms of engine management, and buy what they tune with.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by 02-07 Impreza View Post
    Take into effect that this is my daily driver and I live in Mass and I need to Pass inspection.
    This is going to make it very hard for you to do any sort of modifications unless you are in good with an inspector. The DP you bought already will cause you to fail inspection. As far as daily driver goes, a compression/leakdown test is probably in order to determine the health of the engine because reliability goes down when power goes up. I would suggest doing lots of research before you start spending money.

^^^^ this guy .....

lol spend as much as you can, and buy as much as you can, if your car is not getting the result you want or need, at least you got parts and you are helping out the local/ country economy, cause hell, i dont want to pay for gas at a 3.259 a gallon 93 octane rating.
    A 300whp car with stock transmission is like stephen hawking,
    ask him how he is doing
    i am so going 2 heII for this

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thats a lot of miles. I'm not sure I'd bother with mods personally.

Did you put new top hats in with those struts?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.