Hello and Merry Christmas!!

This is a discussion on Hello and Merry Christmas!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello and Merry Christmas! I have been a WRX driver since 02 when I purchased my first “Bug Eyed” Blue ...

Hello and Merry Christmas!!

Hello and Merry Christmas!

I have been a WRX driver since 02 when I purchased my first “Bug Eyed” Blue Sportwagon. Being my first Subaru, I have been more than impressed with its quality and longevity. I have been keeping up with the WRX line throughout the years and reading the reviews on the 2011 pushed me over the edge. It was so hard to let go of that little car (my girlfriend even cried causing me to tear up, sad huh?) But... last Monday I handed over the keys to a dealer here in Austin,Tx for a new 2011. It gets delivered next Wednesday and IT’S KILLING ME. I think I have slept a total of 8 hours in the last 6 days.

My whole life I have been a turbo lover. My first car was a T-type and I traded it in for a 91 MR2. Then down the road I found myself in the 02 Subaru. While it didn’t have near the kick of either the T-type or the MR2, it was a great car and when I traded it in there was not a single piece or item on that car that was not still functioning as attended.

There are a couple things I have questions on for some of you that might know the answer.

When I test drove the 2011 WRX I was rather disappointed with the engine noise from inside the cabin, or actually, the LACK of engine noise inside the cabin. The thing I miss most about my MR2 is the sound of its turbo (placed right behind your head), when it spooled, one would think it just morphed into a jet fighter. For me, I drive a performance car for the experience. Engine noise is a HUGE part of the total package. I want to hear the engine. So, I ordered mine with the SPT High Performance Exhaust. One of my questions is, does anyone here have that setup? Does it improve the noise inside the cabin? Not that it matters all that much to me, but is there any horsepower gained from it? Fuel economy changes?

I also ordered the short throw shifter due to all the bad press on the stock 5 speed. Anyone have any experience with it? How do you like it compared?

Anyway, again a Merry Christmas to you all! Sorry for the long first post and bad spelling/grammar (I really could use some sleep).

Thanks again,
    Wade

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome. Be sure to post some pics when she arrives!
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and merry christmas
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

welcome! I definitely prefer the short throw shifter over regular, I'm sure you will enjoy it!