2011 wrx or 2008 evo x

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx or 2008 evo x within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, New to this forum. Since I sold my 05 mustang GT, I am on the lookout for my ...

2011 wrx or 2008 evo x

Hi guys,

New to this forum. Since I sold my 05 mustang GT, I am on the lookout for my next ride. Don't own a wrx yet but its sure is on my list. Help me decide:

new 2011 wrx or used 2008 evo gsr (pricewise they are almost the same nowadays)

I like the look of the new rex, maybe a little better ride too and practicality compared to the evo and gas mileage, I know you can't compare both but what's in your rex that you like best?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by herse driver View Post
    Hi guys,

New to this forum. Since I sold my 05 mustang GT, I am on the lookout for my next ride. Don't own a wrx yet but its sure is on my list. Help me decide:

new 2011 wrx or used 2008 evo gsr (pricewise they are almost the same nowadays)

I like the look of the new rex, maybe a little better ride too and practicality compared to the evo and gas mileage, I know you can't compare both but what's in your rex that you like best?
    A 60K mile warranty and 13 miles on the odometer when I got it. At almost 9000 miles, I know it was broken in properly and has not given me a bit of trouble. Those are things that you can't get in a used car. Especially difficult with evos or wrx's. But aside from that, the ride is more comfortable than I thought it would be, the fuel mileage for me is better than advertised, and although I got a base model, things like steering wheel stereo controls, ipod interface and bluetooth were standard and very easy to use. I imagine if you were looking at a limited the creature comforts would make it an even nicer car. Oh... and Welcome to the forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    A 60K mile warranty and 13 miles on the odometer when I got it. At almost 9000 miles, I know it was broken in properly and has not given me a bit of trouble. Those are things that you can't get in a used car. Especially difficult with evos or wrx's. But aside from that, the ride is more comfortable than I thought it would be, the fuel mileage for me is better than advertised, and although I got a base model, things like steering wheel stereo controls, ipod interface and bluetooth were standard and very easy to use. I imagine if you were looking at a limited the creature comforts would make it an even nicer car. Oh... and Welcome to the forum!!
    Got it, the evo that I tested was pretty tempting, carfax clean, all-stock, recaro seats, freakin' loud rockford fosgate and hid lights and not as bad ride compared to reviews ive seen. Subarus seem to lack on tech of for their cars unless if u opt for the premium ones. What comes on your base package? That's one thing I still need to research.

I was looking as cheap as possible so I got no options at all. Like I said, bluetooth, ipod interface, steering wheel controls, thats about it. Others will disagree but in my eyes, paying for options is a little silly when financing because now you're financing options for 5 od 6 years at 4% or whatever. I'm pretty handy and do all my non-warranty maintenance myself, so I feel better buying options after the sale and saving the financing charges. Obviously if you're looking at heated leather seats, HID headlights, stuff like that, not something you would want to do yourself. I was looking for cheap fast transportation that is reliable and AWD. It is perfect.

FWIW I was looking at 08+ STIs and 08/10 Evo X's...and I ended up getting a 11 WRX. For the price it's a steal. And this was coming from an Evo 8 and the Evo X was basically a sure thing until I saw the 11 WRX changes.

The interior of the WRX isn't high end by any means...but it's better than the Evo X's for sure (all but the seats).

You really need to test drive them both to compare. They're very different cars. Hit up the Subaru site to see the options/features...there are a few trim levels.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    FWIW I was looking at 08+ STIs and 08/10 Evo X's...and I ended up getting a 11 WRX. For the price it's a steal. And this was coming from an Evo 8 and the Evo X was basically a sure thing until I saw the 11 WRX changes.

The interior of the WRX isn't high end by any means...but it's better than the Evo X's for sure (all but the seats).

You really need to test drive them both to compare. They're very different cars. Hit up the Subaru site to see the options/features...there are a few trim levels.
    This is exactly right. I was also torn between a Evo X and a '10 WRX as well. I went with the '11 WRX because the changes to the styling and things like bluetooth integration really sold me. I was also biased towards the subi because I've owned and drove a Subaru since I was 18 (now 25).

Insurance and cost were also factors in my decision, with my WRX Premium with additions still being less expensive than the Evo, and having better fuel economy.

The EVO X handles and drives like a beast, but for what you get in terms of ride comfort and a practical ride, the WRX wins it hands down IMO. I've had my '11 WRX for just about 2 weeks now and can safely say I'm extremely happy with my choice. Good luck!