End of the World as We Know It!

This is a discussion on End of the World as We Know It! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So... long time muscle car guy, been restoring and hot rodding for a while. Built an old 911 once cause ...

End of the World as We Know It!

So... long time muscle car guy, been restoring and hot rodding for a while. Built an old 911 once cause it was all I could find overseas (military). Have a pro-touring 67 Camaro, last car I built made 763/689rwhp.

Love my wife but, she made me buy a house near her parrents and I now have to drive an hour to work in crap weather (Jersey). I needed a car that was ok on gas, awesome in snow(AWD) and was not a Honda. Pretty much narrowed it down and I always had mad respect for the WRX guys.

So I go drive this 09 hatch WRX thing. The inside is pretty impressive and sort of race inspired unlike most fo the crap I've looked at thus far. Tooling around the parking lot of the dealer its like, "yeah I can feel this thing is pretty tight". Then I get in it and "holy crap that's neat". So I traded my big ole truck for it. I've never left anything stock ever but I'm gonna try. You all aint gonna help.

I gotta say I do love this little thing and I might be hooked for life! Please excuse all my dumb questions about Cobbs, and ports and things I have no idea about. Like everything else I'm sure I will spool up and be in this motor in short order. But, I got a lot of learnin to do. I hope you find a place for me in your world, the one I live in is on hold for a bit as I fill my brain with all kinds of new and bizarre stuff.
    rj

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by AintQik View Post
    I've never left anything stock ever but I'm gonna try. You all aint gonna help.
    I do try to help: Subaru are best at making Subarus. They have the most resources, the longest history and experience in engineering, and are the only ones that support the entire car at their own expense for up to 100K mi should something go wrong.

Enjoy the car and the forum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Congratulations on your new Subaru. They are definitely different beasts then most American made cars. They are super reliable as long as you do things properly. My only advice to you is to read as much as you can before you start any modifying. Also find a good tuner. The tune is what kills most Subaru's IMHO. Good luck. Post some pic's.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.