New 2011 WRX Chicago area member

This is a discussion on New 2011 WRX Chicago area member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello guys, My name is Dan and I am a proud new owner of a SWP 2011 WRX in the ...

New 2011 WRX Chicago area member

Hello guys,
    My name is Dan and I am a proud new owner of a SWP 2011 WRX in the west Chicago burbs. Ordered her the Saturday after Thanksgiving and picked her up this Saturday before Christmas. I had to order her in SWP with compass rear view mirror, all weather mats, and trunk cargo tray, but I know I will appreciate those items during my ownership.

Iíve had a few cars in the past, but I most regret trading in my 05 RSX for my 08 TSX. I now feel that I have corrected that mistake w/ the purchase of this WRX. Itís such a fun car and I canít wait until the break-in period is over. I am enjoying it even now, so I know the car will be a riot then after 1000 miles.

I plan to keeping it mostly stock. I am done with the modifying my cars (at least I am telling myself this now), but I may just get a short shifter, shift knob, tinted windows, and maybe different wheels, but the first thing I need to do is try to get myself out of these factory tires (Yeesh!).

Here are a couple of pics of the WRX. I also threw in a pic of my old cars.

Anyway, itís great to have resources and a community like this and look forward to being a part of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front_small.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	94216

Name:	rear_small.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	94215

Name:	mycars.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	94214

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats! I ordered mine that same Saturday you did and am still waiting. I was hoping it would be an awesome Christmas present but it now looks more like a New Year present. My WRX is a 5 door hatch in SWP.

Very nice looking on the snow/salt roads!

Quote Originally Posted by DiRTyDT View Post
    Hello guys,
    My name is Dan and I am a proud new owner of a SWP 2011 WRX in the west Chicago burbs. Ordered her the Saturday after Thanksgiving and picked her up this Saturday before Christmas. I had to order her in SWP with compass rear view mirror, all weather mats, and trunk cargo tray, but I know I will appreciate those items during my ownership.

Iíve had a few cars in the past, but I most regret trading in my 05 RSX for my 08 TSX. I now feel that I have corrected that mistake w/ the purchase of this WRX. Itís such a fun car and I canít wait until the break-in period is over. I am enjoying it even now, so I know the car will be a riot then after 1000 miles.

I plan to keeping it mostly stock. I am done with the modifying my cars (at least I am telling myself this now), but I may just get a short shifter, shift knob, tinted windows, and maybe different wheels, but the first thing I need to do is try to get myself out of these factory tires (Yeesh!).

Here are a couple of pics of the WRX. I also threw in a pic of my old cars.

Anyway, itís great to have resources and a community like this and look forward to being a part of it.

Name:	front_small.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	94216

Name:	rear_small.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	94215

Name:	mycars.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	94214
    Damn that's nice.

Congrats! I'm from the burbs too...

Thanks guys.

I called on Saturday morning to see if I was still scheduled to pick up on Monday and was told it may be another week. I was a little bummed out, but about 15 minutes later... My salesman called and said the car just came in. He said 2 trucks of Subarus came in! I was sure there would be other eager WRX buyers there, but to my surprise, I was told my WRX was the only one delivered, the rest were mostly Foresters.

I have driven about 115 miles between Sat evening and now. It's so nice to shift my own gears again. I got new tires installed today. I went with Continental DWS A/S since I drive only 7 miles to work. Looks like i got them right on time, since it just started snowing this afternoon and we already have a couple inches.

I think i may sell the OE tires on CL, or I am toying with the idea of buying new wheels and putting the summer tires back on. My wife says she wants to get me something for my car so I plan on getting the windows tinted in a couple weeks. The windows are like too clear.

I noticed since i purchased the car, I see more wrx/sti's around. It's nice to be in the club. I feel like i should have joined sooner. LoL

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site

Quote Originally Posted by DiRTyDT
    I think i may sell the OE tires on CL, or I am toying with the idea of buying new wheels and putting the summer tires back on. My wife says she wants to get me something for my car so I plan on getting the windows tinted in a couple weeks. The windows are like too clear.
    The A/S tires may be suitable for snow if your winters are mild, but keep summer-only tires for when the weather gets nice; buy an extra set of wheels or just keep re-mounting/balancing them (second set of wheels is more cost-effective in the long run). I mount/balance for free, but I still have two sets of wheels just so it makes it easier when the season changes.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah, I am thinking of buying new wheels to fit the OE tires and I saw a few I liked on discount tire's website. I think I would like to get TPMS on these wheels, too. I will definitely keep this in mind when spring comes, but my credit card is hurting, so we'll see!

"V"
    Are you interested in doing a trunk swap with a premium ?
    I'm still not 100 % decided on it but I was just curious to see if you would entertain that thought?

hey V, sorry I don't think I am interested, as I really like the wingless look at the moment. If it was an STI wing, then I would consider.

"V"
    hey V, sorry I don't think I am interested, as I really like the wingless look at the moment. If it was an STI wing, then I would consider.
    Fair enough.
    If you change your mind just let me know.

Dirt, Did you ever get the tinting done? I was going to get mine done as well. In fact I had made an appointment at Autopia in Bloomingdale for 10 a.m last week, drove 40 min. out there for them to tell me it would be 3hrs before they even stated on it, while they were cheaper $190, I did not want to go back and give them my business.
    I also checked out a place in St. Charles called Riggs but they were aksing $380. Nice place but way more than I wanted to spend.
    Curious if you had a good place.

I found a place near my home in Woodridge, called Sunset Glass Tinting. It has good reviews on google. He said it would be about $230 for a WRX. I plan on calling him for an appt in a couple weeks. Further north of me, but closer to you, in Shaumburg... I hear of members sayings good things about a placed called Umbra Window Tinting.

So so far, I have bought the STI shift knob (1/2 leather one), red footwell illumination kit, and a spare set of 2011 OEM wheels/TPMS. I am ready for the window tinting and swapping the summer tires back on. My only thought is if I want to paint/powdercoat my summer 2011 OEM wheels before mounting the tires.

If anyone can chime in if they know of a better deal... the best prices I got for painting wheels was $50 and for powercoating, it was $100 a wheel. I know I could probably do it myself, but I usually botch stuff like that. I would prefer to do powdercoating, but I can't afford to spend $400, especially with golf season approaching.

Just revisiting my post I created back in mid-december. I did everything I planned on in my previous post. I installed red footwell lighting, STI leather shift know, tinted the windows, bought Drag wheels, and installed kartboy SS w/ bushings.

I have the OEM wheels with DWS tires, in the garage for next winter. At this point, I would consider the car done until pay off, roughly 5 1/2 years from now. It will be interesting to see if mod anything else until then.