New wrx owner after this weekend hopefully
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New wrx owner after this weekend hopefully within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey just thought id hit up the forums before I set out to purchase my first wrx. I always have ...

New wrx owner after this weekend hopefully

Hey just thought id hit up the forums before I set out to purchase my first wrx. I always have debated buying one in the past but never got around to it. Needless to say they have always caught my attention and ive been dying to get one so I will finally have taken the step ive been skipping for so long . Anyway ive mainly been a euro guy for the past 4 years (e46 m3, b5 s4, 2 b5 a4's, and a mkI rabbit gti) and im happy to finally give subaru the chance it deserves. I am picking up an 02 impreza wrx wagon on saturday which is what I always wanted (aside form an sti) so I am pretty excited to drive her the 400 miles home in the snow and test her out. I will post pics once I get it but until then wish me luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck and drive safe

If you're going to be driving the car in the snow, make sure the tires are adequate.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Just got off the phone with the owner and everything is finalized so I will fly out tomorrow morning to get the car. It does have new winter tires with only 3k on them so I should be good there. I was debating ordering a megan racing UP/DP combo from vivid since I dealt with them for most of my parts for my s2k/srt4 and was wondering if that would be a good starter mod since it is an older car and I read about the flexpipe breaking off and getting sucked into the turbo. I know that you need to get the cobb 2 flash if you are doing the up/dp so you dont throw codes so I am wondering if I should just wait and do it all at once or if the codes being there for a few months will really be that bad? I live in south dakota so no emission tests need to be passed and the car already has a simple cat back system on it. Any input will help as this is my first ej20 motor, thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.