Finally an STI of my own!!!! Please help me out with advice and help!

This is a discussion on Finally an STI of my own!!!! Please help me out with advice and help! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I finally gave up my 06 civic for this wonderful 2008 WRX STI! Im really big into performance and ...

Smile Finally an STI of my own!!!! Please help me out with advice and help!

So I finally gave up my 06 civic for this wonderful 2008 WRX STI! Im really big into performance and plan to really unleash this beast's true power. Websites for parts and/or advice would greatly be appreciated. Im glad to be part of the Subaru community. Im currently at Fort Riley, Kansas. So if anyone is near by, let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What are you really looking to do with it?

Your best bet for adding power is stage 2, or a downpipe and tune.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    What are you really looking to do with it?

Your best bet for adding power is stage 2, or a downpipe and tune.
    Probably autocross and just get up and go.

So stage 2, downpipe and tune. Cobb im guessing is a good tuner?

Ditto

I just bought a 2008 sti, traded in my 2002 wrx for it. She was a good girl. So far so good with the sti. I'm going to dig out the owners manual, but I am wondering what the little button with the icon of a car sliding making an S is. Located near where you can pop the hood.

Oh yeah and do I get a cookie or medal or something for now having an sti? lol

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Digi2112 View Post
    I am wondering what the little button with the icon of a car sliding making an S is. Located near where you can pop the hood. l
    That is the VDC/VTC button. I believe in the STI you can disable one and/or the other(someone correct me if I'm wrong). WRX's you can only disable VTC and not VDC. I'm loving my 2011 WRX though and a break on my insurance (thank god I didn't foolishly order the STI!).

Congrats on your STI! Be safe and remember "with power comes great responsibility" so don't turn the driving aids off unless you absolutely know that it's safe for you to have fun (and even then you can always have fun with them on). It always pains me to read peoples encounters with curbs, poles and other obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    That is the VDC/VTC button. I believe in the STI you can disable one and/or the other(someone correct me if I'm wrong). WRX's you can only disable VTC and not VDC. I'm loving my 2011 WRX though and a break on my insurance (thank god I didn't foolishly order the STI!).

Congrats on your STI! Be safe and remember "with power comes great responsibility" so don't turn the driving aids off unless you absolutely know that it's safe for you to have fun (and even then you can always have fun with them on). It always pains me to read peoples encounters with curbs, poles and other obstacles.
    Hey thanks for the reply and no worries, man. I grew up on sports bikes and I believe I did it right by going wrx 1st and then moving up to a sti. Thanks again...

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Digi2112 View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply and no worries, man. I grew up on sports bikes and I believe I did it right by going wrx 1st and then moving up to a sti. Thanks again...
    Cool another rider. Yeah compared to my old sports bike the majority of cars are slow. But it's an unfair comparison between a sport bike and cars. Bike is 105hp @ 380lbs. 3.6 lbs/hp compared to ~12 lbs/hp for our cars (STI/WRX). In comparison though riding on 4 wheels is a lot harder to crash than on 2 wheels. Be safe anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Cool another rider. Yeah compared to my old sports bike the majority of cars are slow. But it's an unfair comparison between a sport bike and cars. Bike is 105hp @ 380lbs. 3.6 lbs/hp compared to ~12 lbs/hp for our cars (STI/WRX). In comparison though riding on 4 wheels is a lot harder to crash than on 2 wheels. Be safe anyway.
    Yup yup... My last bike was a Yamaha FZ1 - It was about 125hp @ 600 lbs. One of the smoothest sports bikes I've ever rode. But, yeah, I know better than to turn off traction control. My mom has a 2004 TL and I almost slid that car off the road not having traction control on. It ain't no joke, ya'll