Misfire on 2002 WRX 2.0L

This is a discussion on Misfire on 2002 WRX 2.0L within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently bought a 2002 WRX and about 2 weeks into owning it the check engine light came on with ...

Misfire on 2002 WRX 2.0L

I recently bought a 2002 WRX and about 2 weeks into owning it the check engine light came on with a Misfire on cylinder one code. I then decided to start with the most simple fix, change the spark plugs. The car ran better for about two days until I decided to really wind it out then the CEL came back on. After the second time the light came on I decided to change the cylinder one coil. After I changed the coil it rain well for about a week then the CEL came on once again, this time with misfires on cylinders 1, 3 and 4. Any ideas as what this could be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does the car have any mods? Do you know whether it has the correct map?

When you replaced the coilpack and it screwed things up more, that really makes me wonder. It's possible this is a red herring and didn't really cause the problems you're seeing.

How many miles on the car? If not modded now, was it before?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

The car is completely stock to the best of my knowledge. I don't think the previous owner had it tuned, if he did, he didn't mention that. The car has 153k miles.