Question new 2011 hatchback has a leak

This is a discussion on Question new 2011 hatchback has a leak within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Brought my new car home last Thursday, been driving it and loving it but keeping her below 4000 RPM's. Been ...

Question new 2011 hatchback has a leak

Brought my new car home last Thursday, been driving it and loving it but keeping her below 4000 RPM's. Been on some mountain roads and handles like no other car I have had. Yesterday Sat. I noticed a leak under the car on the right side, pretty consistent drip, checked with my finger water for sure. Went on a drive today about 50 miles, mountain roads, no dirt all nice smooth pavement, got home and the leak left a pretty good puddle on the drive way. I'm guessing this is not normal, anyone have any suggestions? Looks like it gonna have to go back to the dealer for a look

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you sure that's not just the compressor drain? The only thing in a car that has plain water is the condensate from the compressor...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Is it clear water? It is likely from the A/C system, that is engaged when you use the defroster etc. The car does not store clear water anywhere except maybe the windshield washer reservoir, and the A/C will definitely produce water from condensation. If so, normal.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

OK yes it is clear water, just being an over paranoid new owner I guess, I've been driving my wife crazy, I spent the entire weekend washing and going over every inch of my car She says I'm super annoying. Thanks you all for the education, loving this car! I can't wait to drive it to work tomorrow