New to forums! Also need advice

This is a discussion on New to forums! Also need advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I have been haggling with four different dealerships over the last week. I have finally narrowed it down ...

New to forums! Also need advice

Hey all, I have been haggling with four different dealerships over the last week. I have finally narrowed it down and am about to make an order. If you can, read over the car/options and tell me if you believe its worth it. Also if any of the options that I'm considering ordering are even worth it. 2011 DMG Base model WRX with the following options: Short shifter, Boost gage, Fog Lamps, all weather mats, Auto-Dim Mirror, Illumination lighting, black duration shift knob, and the side body molding ( Is this even effective?) I live in KY, so i have to pay 6% sales tax, I've been told after numerous emailing, that i can get 27000 OTD. I would like to hear your opinions. Thanks for reading!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well to update this, i ordered my WRX last sunday. I found out that the boost gauge is not currently available until april again. I am still waiting on a production date. Now i play the wait game... how did you guys cope with it?????? This sucks.

I ordered mine in late October. ETA is sometime next week....they think. The wait sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SuBieReX11 View Post
    Hey all, I have been haggling with four different dealerships over the last week. I have finally narrowed it down and am about to make an order. If you can, read over the car/options and tell me if you believe its worth it. Also if any of the options that I'm considering ordering are even worth it. 2011 DMG Base model WRX with the following options: Short shifter, Boost gage, Fog Lamps, all weather mats, Auto-Dim Mirror, Illumination lighting, black duration shift knob, and the side body molding ( Is this even effective?) I live in KY, so i have to pay 6% sales tax, I've been told after numerous emailing, that i can get 27000 OTD. I would like to hear your opinions. Thanks for reading!
    I thought base model can't come with fog lamps? Have you seen a base model up-front? (there is no round space for fogs)...
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

it has the option on the website plus the dealership said i could, since i didn't care about the spoiler and the sunroof i ordered the base model. If for some reason when it comes in and it doesn't have them, i will not pay for them obviously.. or they lose my business.

Quote Originally Posted by SuBieReX11 View Post
    well to update this, i ordered my WRX last sunday. I found out that the boost gauge is not currently available until april again. I am still waiting on a production date. Now i play the wait game... how did you guys cope with it?????? This sucks.
    I originally ordered mine with the Boost Gauge as well, but it did not arrive with one due to some supplying issues. I will tell you that I waited almost 13 weeks for mine, and it was well worth the wait! Now that production seems to be keeping up with demand, your wait should be much shorter.

7n7
    I went to a local dealer here in Pittsburgh and they had a base model and a premium coming in so i just snagged one of those (premium). I don't know if i would have been able to handle a really long wait...best of luck! and congrats on the purchase!
    2011 DGM Premium WRX 5 door

-Ben

I Support ClubWRX
    The fog lamp is an accessory listed for the base model.It comes standard for the premium & limited.I think the base model comes pre wired for the fog lamp so that you can add it later.Will check but I think the bumper can be cut to fit fogs.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That's a bit high on the price. In the future, go to edmunds.com and look up what the FMV of the car is. With your options, it's listed at $26,056 with an MSRP of $27,559 and invoice of $25,702. The dealer also gets the holdback on top of the amount over invoice. In general, 4% over invoice is considered a great deal, and beyond that it goes to good and so on.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

well i ended up getting 26930 OTD ... which is not a bad deal. The base price was 24304, which is 500 under invoice, plus i paid invoice price on all options