New to Scoobies and Boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to Scoobies and Boost within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings~ My name is Keith and I am a recovering tiburon addict. Loved my car, did many of the N/A ...

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States

New to Scoobies and Boost

Greetings~

My name is Keith and I am a recovering tiburon addict. Loved my car, did many of the N/A mods and enjoyed the education it gave me. Now, I have moved on, traded the shark in for something even more dangerous- a 2008 wrx hatch.

Loving the feel of boost, loving the fact that my car is actually fast.

Not looking to do too much engine modding since I live in Mass and we are sticklers for emissions and what not.

Mostly, I plan on working the suspension, exterior, and just overall enhancement of the ride...though looking at the Perrin Stage one AP.

thanks in advance for any help you can give me in those regards. i look forward to being a part of this community- you guys/gals seem cool enough- i anticipate some laughs as well as car talk.

~shamankjm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome... here's your fair warning.....these cars are addictive...
    for starters First Modifications - what to do and not to do
    basically just click around on here....if you have a question chances are someone else did too....i live in nh and you can actually get a lot of "emission friendly" engine upgrades that will give you that extra " glued to your seat" feel.....

Quote Originally Posted by wrx603 View Post
    welcome... here's your fair warning.....these cars are addictive...
    for starters First Modifications - what to do and not to do
    basically just click around on here....if you have a question chances are someone else did too....i live in nh and you can actually get a lot of "emission friendly" engine upgrades that will give you that extra " glued to your seat" feel.....
    yeah, i read through that and need to ask:
    1. would an UP be beneficial enough to look into?
    2. just getting better/bigger piping for my stock TMIC would help?
    3. what "emissions friendly" mods are you referring to?

thanks for the welcome!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

The suspension was the major downfall for the 2008 WRX. Light suspension upgrades (i.e. sways and alignment) will be a great first modification. You're on the right track!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

i agree completely...suspension all the way....i was racing around with an evo 8.... running 26lbs of boost blah blah blah....he kept the stock suspension....and hit and totaled his car....just because these cars handle good now...doesnt mean they'll hold the hp later....

as for the up pipe yes this was actually the first thing i did even before the turbo back exhaust...hmmm not sure if the 08's even have a cat'd up pipe...i believe they got rid of those in 06 due to turbo detonation.... any body care to confirm that?

some of the easiest and cheapest things that you'll wanna go with first are like he said sway bars, springs, id go with an exhaust shortly after...and a tune of course.... cobb is good if you want simple plug and play.....but since your in mass and theres a couple of dyno tuners down there id go with that...maybe utec.....

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx603 View Post
    as for the up pipe yes this was actually the first thing i did even before the turbo back exhaust...hmmm not sure if the 08's even have a cat'd up pipe...i believe they got rid of those in 06 due to turbo detonation.... any body care to confirm that?
    The EJ205 (like yours) had the catted UP. The EJ255 has a catless UP from factory. At this juncture, an AM UP is not a cost-effective modification.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The EJ205 (like yours) had the catted UP. The EJ255 has a catless UP from factory. At this juncture, an AM UP is not a cost-effective modification.
    thanks for the info- thats what i was looking for.

when money is able to be pissed through, my suspension work will begin with some coilovers and such

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.