Need a pros help

This is a discussion on Need a pros help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so i just got a 2011 wrx and want to mod it. The only problem is i have to ...

Registered User yeaitsgotaturbo's Avatar

Thumbs up Need a pros help

Ok so i just got a 2011 wrx and want to mod it. The only problem is i have to stay under warranty. Anybody have any ideas that will set my car apart but still keep everything to warranty standards. thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 65455_1525230570616_1230203773_31380737_1161518_n.jpg   154805_1525231450638_1230203773_31380739_3003837_n.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you can probably go all out, and replace everything - just be ready for a few long, hard days of swapping back to stock (and flashing back to stock), getting thee warranty work done, and swapping everything back in.

Without that hassle and risk? Look into spt parts and some mudflaps
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Enjoy it stock for awhile! Sometimes I miss how mine felt stock...then I get on the boost and go drive curvy roads lol!

Yeah...stick with spt parts and possible a stage 1 tune...anyone?!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're trying to keep your car within warranty, you're limited in the modifications you can do.

Wheels
    Tires
    Mudflaps
    Skidplate
    Tint
    Stereo
    Anything SPT
    Catback
    Short throw lever

Other modifications (e.g., reflash, downpipe, springs, etc.) can lead to denied warranty claims.
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-06-2010 at 04:57 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

How about some stiffer bushings and sway bars, would that do anything to the warranty?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by monchis
    How about some stiffer bushings and sway bars, would that do anything to the warranty?
    You likely wouldn't run into an issue. That said, it depends on what fails, the dealerships stance on modified vehicles, etc.

If the dealership feels that increased stiffness from aftermarket bushings or sways caused excess wear/tear on the part that failed, they can deny the claim. They can see the modification to the suspension and may claim the car was abused, causing the damage to the part.
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-06-2010 at 07:07 AM.

UNYSOC

WOW! So there ya go, anything you do just make sure you do your homework on the dealership that will be working on your car. Go and meet the techs there and before you install anything just ask them how they would feel about that. Ask if it would void your warranty, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by monchis
    WOW! So there ya go, anything you do just make sure you do your homework on the dealership that will be working on your car. Go and meet the techs there and before you install anything just ask them how they would feel about that. Ask if it would void your warranty, etc.
    You need to get to know the service manager, not the techs, since he's the one who makes the call. On large warranty claims (e.g., blown motor), there is usually a regional rep that has to give the green light, so as lenient as the dealership manager may be, he may have his hands tied.

UNYSOC