New WRX Owner

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here is my story i just sold my 2001 MP3 i have owned since new and naturally i went and ...

New WRX Owner

Here is my story i just sold my 2001 MP3 i have owned since new and naturally i went and bought a rally blue 2002 wrx wagon and i am loving the car. It is moded but seems to be done right. It is pushing 15psi and is very freakin quick. I am going to start to read threads now to learn more about what i own see yall on the forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how does the wrx stack up to the mps? i think i've only ever seen 2 of those, they're rare around here lots of speed 3's tho

15psi is not much higher than stock which is good cause there less chance of previous damage, what all's done to the car?

up-pipe should be on your list of first mods if it hasnt been done and might as well do the downpipe n put it at stage 2 while your in there!

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

mp3 vs wrx

It is cool to own a car very few have other than that the wrx is in a whole different class of vehicle much better.

what is stock psi at?

from what i can see it has
    spt intake,cusco heat shield,samco hoses,sti intercooler and hoses, cobb underdrive pulley,header wrap,exhaust system and a manuel boost controler.

So what are the upgrades i should do to make it even quicker and can a 6 speed trans be put in easily?

oohh I'm betting it has an up pipe and down pipe then... hmmm can you get a hold of the previous owner?

you REALLY should have it tuned if it isnt, these cars arent as picky as later years but subarus in general benefit from a tune more than anything and a bad tune can cause biiig problems

dont wory about the 6spd yet as the 5 spd, unless the turbo insnt stock, should have no problem handling the power your making just dont launch it and shift smoothly
    but yes the 6 spds fit although to do a proper job you usually need the rear diff and driveshaft and knuckles/brakes etc etc so its a pricey job

so check to see if the un pipe (between exh manifold and turbo hard to see) and downpipe (between turbo and catback, should be easy to see under the heat shield) have been changed and then get a tune from a pro... search to see if there is anyone in your area people recommend
    oh and if you dont mind high boost with low throttle then you can keep your mbc, but i personally hate it so i have a 3 port boost control solenoid and my boost is very throttle dependent so i can control it easily with my foot

i think stock boost is a peak of 13.5psi

I've got a ported and polished stock turbo on mine running 20psi peak and its plenty of fun, doesnt make as much power up top as an sti turbo but makes lots more real low in the power band so its a great city driving setup

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

just saw the pics of your car looks clean and well done, doesnt necessarily mean it is but its a start lol

check to see if there are any labels on the turbo's compressor side (in the intake tract, the aluminum housing) just to make sure what turbo you're running... take pics if you cant figure it out

and i'm personally not a fan of underdriven pullies cause they spin your alternator and p/s pump slower than they are meant to spin... at high rpm this doesnt matter but at idle at a stop light with the stereo blasting and the ac on you could overload your alternator killing it quickly

what mileage you at?

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

wrx

I will look to see what i have turbo,uppipe,down pipe and such.

I am thinking stock turbo it is really fast 1st - 3rd from a stop light but doesnt pull like that in 4th and 5th still pulls hard but not like the 1st few gears kinda like the fst spool up puts a smile on my face will get back to you soon