What to look for.

This is a discussion on What to look for. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I am stoked on possibly getting a wrx. I wanna be paying under 10k for it. Was wondering what ...

What to look for.

Hello, I am stoked on possibly getting a wrx. I wanna be paying under 10k for it. Was wondering what you guys would recommend... Are there some years that are better than others? Also how reliable are the wrx's? i had a 96 subaru legacy for a bit but it blew a headgasket. it was pretty junky and got it for real cheap so thats probably the reason. but do the wrx's have the same problem? Would appreciate your input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

Please start here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-purchasing-forum/

The WRX has been a mostly reliable car for many years.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Read around a bit and take your time shopping. Make sure you pick out a good one.

Keep an eye out for a lot of gauges or blow off valves. If it's been modified, check back with this forum with some pictures. Mods can be done right, but are normally done incorrectly on WRXs it seems. Cleaner and closer to stock the better =).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Compression/leakdown tests and a used car inspection by a mechanic who works on Subarus.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Compression/leakdown tests and a used car inspection by a mechanic who works on Subarus.
    +gospel
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

7n7
    Your best bet is to take someone with you who really knows cars and what to look for. If you can get pics and post them up here i'm sure you would be able to get a good bit of feedback.

Best of luck in your search, and don't just jump on the first one you see...i almost made that mistake and thankfully I didn't thanks to the members here (thanks again).
    2011 DGM Premium WRX 5 door

-Ben

yea thanks for the help guys. what time of the year would you say is the best to buy? if there is one... cause i probably am looking into getting it before the summer sometime before then. yea hopefully someone who lives in the vancouver area will be able to help me out. that knows alot about wrx's.