New Owner: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch

This is a discussion on New Owner: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I'm going to be a proud new owner next week when I take delivery on my 2011 SWP ...

New Owner: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Hey all, I'm going to be a proud new owner next week when I take delivery on my 2011 SWP Limited hatch, and I'm going crazy with excitement!

My first Subie was a 2002 WRX WRB (sedan), and I have missed that car ever since it left my possession. But I totaled it on the hwy in HEAVY HEAVY rain, lost control, etc. Since then I've owned a 330ci and a Scion xB most recently (lol, I know, good utility tho).

Anyway, I bought the 2011 from Grand Subaru in Chicago, got a smokin' deal (I think) from the sales manager there, Joe D'Andrea (whom I do recommend), for $1,206 under invoice!

The options for now are the roof rack, bike rack, wheel carrier, red illumination kit, arm rest extension and SPT exhaust. I will be tinting 5% rear and 20% front within the first week and getting rally armor flaps pretty soon after that...

Anyway, don't know what else to say, but figured I'd say what's up to the people that share the same passion!

Any suggestions on must do mods (diy is ok too) that will not risk voiding warranty? On my 2002 I removed my intake silencer, which added a nice sound... Would that void a warranty on my 2011? I am 27 and and work in B2B outside sales, but I won't lie, I'm a fan of atmospheric BOV's, can't wait to mod it right to make that work without A/F probs... Will a drop in air filter void my warranty? Any mods I can do that won't void, please share!

Anyone that has a '11 SWP hatch, please post pics, I've only found 8 or 9 decent pics of my car here and would love to see more.

Also, the official break-in is under 4k rpm's for the first 1k miles, right???

Cheers!
    Last edited by skyhive; 12-01-2010 at 10:04 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh and I should mention, I'm driving a rental until my Rex comes... It's a Chevy HHR... LOL, POS, what a swap that'll be when my new car comes

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome,you will enjoy the car when it comes.Even in today's torrential downpour the 2011 Subaru handled like a dream.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Congrats on the new car! Those heated seats will be a joy in the Chicago winter. Also you might want to consider some winter tires. As for the break in it's under 3000 if im not mistaken
    2011 obsidian black pearl limited wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    the break in is under 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles recommended by Subaru
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by hcancino View Post
    Congrats on the new car! Those heated seats will be a joy in the Chicago winter. Also you might want to consider some winter tires. As for the break in it's under 3000 if im not mistaken
    The seat heaters will be super nice, have always wanted some! I actually don't live in Chicago, just bought the car from a dealer there because he had what I was looking for and my local dealer would not do much better than MSRP, he wouldn't even sell at invoice, so I got a much better deal. I live in Oklahoma tho, so while snow tires would be nice, I'm not sure they're necessary here for the 5-6 snow days we have each year...

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    the break in is under 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles recommended by Subaru
    I thought that's what it was Rage... I've been reading around here a bunch and that was what I gathered, but only saw unnofficial comments so I wasn't 100% sure...

Thanks!

Welcome to the club! If pics are what you're looking for, the 08+ thread is a fun one to read thru. I think the '11s start to show up at about 2/3 the way thru.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...o-gallery.html
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Welcome to the club! If pics are what you're looking for, the 08+ thread is a fun one to read thru. I think the '11s start to show up at about 2/3 the way thru.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...o-gallery.html
    I did not see that page until now--thanks for sharing, tons of good pics there!

from the research i have done and looking at my own 2010 wrx hatch, there is no intake silencer. owners of 08+ wrxs have actually drilled holes in the bottom of the intake to create the same sound, which to me sounds pretty ridiculous.

as far as warranty, anything you change on your vehicle that is not authorized or endorsed by subaru or SPT may cause a dealer to deny any warranty claims that you may need to make. tread carefully. be prepared to get some pretty negative reactions from after market BPV or BOV around here. they are really not good for you car, and dont add any perfomance value, just a sucking sound, which sucks

congrats on the new purchase and post some pics, the limited is def the way to go.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now