Hello!

This is a discussion on Hello! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys! I'm new here so please help me out. I bought a 95 Sub Impreza Wagon last month and ...

Hello!

Hey Guys!
    I'm new here so please help me out. I bought a 95 Sub Impreza Wagon last month and its manual. I'm thinking of getting a car alarm? I know it's hard to install an alarm into a manual... should I do it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LadieWagon95 View Post
    Hey Guys!
    I'm new here so please help me out. I bought a 95 Sub Impreza Wagon last month and its manual. I'm thinking of getting a car alarm? I know it's hard to install an alarm into a manual... should I do it?
    There really is not a difference in the actual methods of installing an alarm between a manual and an automatic, some alarms have an autostart feature which you obviously won't want in you manual as it could be dangerous due to possibility of it being in gear.
    I would say that if you are good at following instruction manuals and have the wiring diagrams that are needed for your model year that you will be fine. I have always soldered my connections and used heat shrink over the soldered connections, if you don't have a soldering iron I would recommend the connectors that have glue in them so when heat is applied to the connector after it is crimped the glue goes off and the connection is super strong, that would be my recommendation for you. I can not tell you how many crappy installations I have seen and removed over the years.

Welcome!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    There really is not a difference in the actual methods of installing an alarm between a manual and an automatic, some alarms have an autostart feature which you obviously won't want in you manual as it could be dangerous due to possibility of it being in gear.
    I would say that if you are good at following instruction manuals and have the wiring diagrams that are needed for your model year that you will be fine. I have always soldered my connections and used heat shrink over the soldered connections, if you don't have a soldering iron I would recommend the connectors that have glue in them so when heat is applied to the connector after it is crimped the glue goes off and the connection is super strong, that would be my recommendation for you. I can not tell you how many crappy installations I have seen and removed over the years.
    Thank's alot!!!

welcome!!

IMO i would take it to a shop, i have wired tons of things from simple speakers to full wire harness for auto but car alars are to say the least (w/o experience) a pain in the @ss!!! so many areas to connect and options as far as sensitivity ,led, ect. ive been thinking about upgrading from stock alarm(we all know how thoes are ) And def taking it to a pro so they can deal w/ it lol .. Either way its a good idea to protect your investment