intro (nothing too exciting)

This is a discussion on intro (nothing too exciting) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone, just got delivery date for my 2011 wrx swp 5dr limited - dec. 6 ordered on oct 11 ...

intro (nothing too exciting)

hey everyone, just got delivery date for my 2011 wrx swp 5dr limited - dec. 6

ordered on oct 11

long time subie fan, worked on many wrxs and a few stis so i wont be in total "turbo/awd shock" (although i have never owned an turbo/awd car)

options:
    short throw (spt)
    arm rest extension

this forum has helped me a bunch in certain areas, for instance audio mods and exterior mods, so thanks every1!!!!

coming form an rx-8, scion tc, and now a mini-van (temporary LOL)

thanks, and happy holidays!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats, welcome, I too just purchased a 2011 hatch. I've had it for a week and am loving it. I'm new to both FI, and AWD. The only thing about this car I don't like is fuel economy. I guess you have to pay to play, just hope the recently rising gas prices don't go through the roof again.

I'm really glad I didn't have to wait weeks/months for mine. The one week I waited for the dealer to order and install the short throw shifter drove me nuts. You'll love it, they are great little cars.

I just completed half of a 350 mile trip with mine. Very comfortable highway ride, for a smaller car. I just mounted a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks, these tires are amazing. And it hasn't even snowed yet. They are quiet on the highway, and the car is more comfortable on the rough roads around town, higher profile helps. They are the non sport WS70 variant, I've owned the older WS50's, and if their snow/ice performance is on par with these I will be happy. I don't plan on pushing the car too hard in the Winter, so what's not to like.

Now, I hope my car can survive two days parked on a NYC street without damage to my bumpers, or worse, keeping fingers crossed.