New STI owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New STI owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sniper2606 LOL.... i feel stupid now Jokes are difficult to see in text form, so no worries ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper2606 View Post
    LOL.... i feel stupid now
    Jokes are difficult to see in text form, so no worries

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    That stock power curve is U-G-L-Y. I'm guessing that's where the WOT 4k 14.X:1 AFR rears it's ugly head.
    I think the green line is the stock "normal" mode. The stock 'S' and 'S#' setting should be better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    Jokes are difficult to see in text form, so no worries

I think the green line is the stock "normal" mode. The stock 'S' and 'S#' setting should be better.
    Man do i feel welcome and at home in this forum, the speed 3 forums were full of jackasses with smart stupid/hater jokes...

hey, i was just wondering how would you compare your speed3 to the subaru? im honestly 50/50 torn over buying a new wrx or mazdaspeed3.

i realize this is a subaru forum but im not looking for a speed3 bash fest just your (or anyones) honest opinion on both cars.

thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Morelman View Post
    hey, i was just wondering how would you compare your speed3 to the subaru? im honestly 50/50 torn over buying a new wrx or mazdaspeed3.

i realize this is a subaru forum but im not looking for a speed3 bash fest just your (or anyones) honest opinion on both cars.

thanks in advance!
    well im not familiar with the WRX but if your referring to the STI vs speed 3, it depends a lot on your taste if you like nice comfortable seats and nice interior with little details that make it stand out go with the speed 3 now if you want a strong powerful car i would go with the WRX/STI cause its AWD, you can mod the speed 3 as well i was pushing about 320HP but its a FWD... so thats where the problems comes

ok thanks for the input, my rsx-s only has about 170whp. ive never driven a high hp/torque fwd car. i was really only considering the mazda because of the 6-speed and price point. they can be had for around $3500 cheaper than a base wrx. but i guess i just need to suck it up and pay a little more for what i want.

the fact that you switched from a mazda to a subaru and not the other way around should have answered my question before i even asked. lol thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Morelman View Post
    ok thanks for the input, my rsx-s only has about 170whp. ive never driven a high hp/torque fwd car. i was really only considering the mazda because of the 6-speed and price point. they can be had for around $3500 cheaper than a base wrx. but i guess i just need to suck it up and pay a little more for what i want.

the fact that you switched from a mazda to a subaru and not the other way around should have answered my question before i even asked. lol thanks again!
    Yeah it also depends on what ur using the car for, if your going to be a hardcore racing 24/7 type of guy then get the WRX no doubt about it AWD makes a huge different, FWD has torque problems when pushing more then 260ish HP, but if ur just driving and racing now and then get the Speed 3 is a lot more comfortable in my opinion and looks a lot better from inside. Oh yeah and if you decide on the Speed 3 please dont get the 10 + models with that ugly ass smile on the front

08 Speed 3

2011 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper2606 View Post
    Yeah it also depends on what ur using the car for, if your going to be a hardcore racing 24/7 type of guy then get the WRX no doubt about it AWD makes a huge different, FWD has torque problems when pushing more then 260ish HP, but if ur just driving and racing now and then get the Speed 3 is a lot more comfortable in my opinion and looks a lot better from inside. Oh yeah and if you decide on the Speed 3 please dont get the 10 + models with that ugly ass smile on the front
    well the car will be my DD and weekend fun car with an occasional trip the the dragstrip. and i have dreams of taking to The Streets of Willow Springs at some point but i may never actually go.

ya I know what you mean about the 10+ look. its growing on me but well its just, its def not the best looking car on the market ha. unfortunately buying a gen1 is not an option. ive never had much luck with used cars, im pretty anal about the break in period and maintenance so id prefer to buy new. esp with a car like a base wrx or speed3 that are within the price range and readily accessible to younger inexperienced drivers/owners.

again thanks for all the help.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    Stage 1 is just flashing the ECU to a new map.
    Stage 2 requires a downpipe and a stage 2 map.
    I was wondering... The STI has "SI" drive - so how does the AP effect that? My 07 was easy - there was 1 mode. Does the COBB Stage I map change all parameters, or just when you go into "S#" mode?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.