New Guy

This is a discussion on New Guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, all! I took delivery of my '11 WRX 4 door on the 8th, so I figured I'd sign up. ...

New Guy

Hello, all!
    I took delivery of my '11 WRX 4 door on the 8th, so I figured I'd sign up. It's my first Subie, so I'll probably be asking many noob questions in the near future. Here's my first one-

Am I the only one that has a 68-80 MPH vibration like an out of balanced tire? My dealer found a minor alignment issue & supposedly rebalanced the tires (I don't see any new weights), but it' still there. They test drove it with me & said it was normal for these cars. I'm not quite sure I'm buying that.

Tommy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey tommy. congrats on your '11

all subaru's are prone to rattles but from what i've been reading, they're really bad with the 11's. People were saying that its coming from in the cabin, behind the driver seat. I'm not sure if thats the same one that youre hearing or not but thats the most common one i've heard of so far.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

This isn't a rattle, it's a vibration in the wheel & in the seat of the pants, starting around 68 MPH & up to 85, just like a bent rim or unbalanced tire... I have the common door rattles when the stereo is turned up & I already fixed the head rest upholstery zipper rattle that they all seem the have.
    I'm getting my new Conti DWS' mounted & balanced on the stock wheels later this week. I'm hoping it goes away...

I don't expect it to be as smooth & quiet as a Benz, but this just seems a little much to me.

Tommy

Well, the vibration's gone. I got the new Conti's on the stock wheels & it's smooth as glass. The tires must have been poorly balanced at the factory.

Tommy