How are you perceived in your WRX? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on How are you perceived in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Well...a Subaru is more or less as much of a ricer as any Honda...it's still Japanese, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well...a Subaru is more or less as much of a ricer as any Honda...it's still Japanese, little 4-banger...except its got a pressure cooker for its rice maker
    LOL @ pressure cooker

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I get a lot of compliments from random people. At least now they realize my car is a subaru opposed to before or right after the wrx first came out. Most of them usually ask me about the exhaust and tell me it sounds good.

The guys at work for some reason think it must be a very difficult or annoying car to drive even though it's just a wrx swap with an sti turbo. Or they ask me if I think I should get a car more fit for a grown up. I tell them nope I love driving my car. Maybe I'll pick up a beater at some point but I'm not worried about it. When they question me I just laugh because I turn to them and ask them what they drive in every day. Most have late 90's early 2000 subaru's or old pos trucks that barely run. Only one guy who is slightly younger then me rocks an automatic Audi A4. People just get jealous. Drive what makes you happy and who cares what people think.

Never understood the fit for a grown up..... I love driving my Subarus, I go out and drive for no reason but to enjoy the twisties. Other co-workers seem to love the thought of owning a high end car more then driving one. I have, on more then one occasion, asked my buddy Jeff with a Z06 to go drive, yet he always says no, same with my buddy Dan with an M3. Now ask my friends with Subarus and it is on, never been let down once.
    High end owners complain more than any one else too. 2.5k for Vet tires, 1k for service on the M3. Not to metion they always seem to have some thing wrong with them. Z06 has had 2 ECUs (its a 2010) and the M3 has had the Trans rebuilt twice(2005). Supervisor with a Carrera just laughed when I suggested we take a drive up to Big Bear for some coffee (said driving made his back hurt)
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

If you think that people call you gay for driving a WRX, try DD'ing a Miata =p I've heard everything you could imagine but what it comes down to in the end is that driving your car makes you happy. I enjoy driving the Miata and now that my financial situation is where I need it to be, I'll be picking up a WRX later this year and I know I'll enjoy driving that as well. Around here (NY) I only ever got thumbs-up for driving a Subaru. I always get the craziest looks or questions stopping for gas in my Miata when the snow is almost as high as the clearance of the car, nobody can understand that snow tires/LSD/driving skill can make a RWD car fantastic in the snow. I'm actually going to miss the amount of control I have now, going to a WRX. It's just two different worlds.

But to get back to the topic at hand, whenever I see someone in a WRX, I see someone who actually loves to drive, just as I feel when I see someone in a Miata or GTI or whatever. Granted I'm an automotive enthusiast and of course I'll feel that way about fun-to-drive cars, but if someone judges me for something so superficial as driving a tiny (read: gay) sports car or a funky looking hatchback, than I feel no qualms for judging them as not being worthy of my time.

really dont care what others might say. im in the corporate office and looking at the parking garage seemed like my 09 blue wagon doesn't fit in with lexus', bmw's and volvos, but heck my car is not boring. in my experience so far, bmw m3's hated the wrx's very much, maybe just in my place, wanting to race, shows off too much which still puzzeled me why...

Quote Originally Posted by jcruiza120 View Post
    But to get back to the topic at hand, whenever I see someone in a WRX, I see someone who actually loves to drive, just as I feel when I see someone in a Miata or GTI or whatever. Granted I'm an automotive enthusiast and of course I'll feel that way about fun-to-drive cars, but if someone judges me for something so superficial as driving a tiny (read: gay) sports car or a funky looking hatchback, than I feel no qualms for judging them as not being worthy of my time.
    That was very well put IMO.

You keeping the Miata too? I don't think anything of them being a chick car. I see more middle aged men driving them around than anything around my parts. My buddy's close friend has a custom built late 90s Miata with a fully built bottom end and a T40 turbo pushing about 9-10psi. He has near 325 to the wheels! Thing's a beast that runs low 11s in the drag, and handles like its on rails.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson View Post
    really dont care what others might say. im in the corporate office and looking at the parking garage seemed like my 09 blue wagon doesn't fit in with lexus', bmw's and volvos, but heck my car is not boring. in my experience so far, bmw m3's hated the wrx's very much, maybe just in my place, wanting to race, shows off too much which still puzzeled me why...
    Another +1 here...my garage right in Center City Philly is riddled with BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, big family sedans, big ass Tahoes, Caddy Escalades and CTSs, STSs, and every other bland middle-upper class vehicle there is...then its my WRB STI with a giant G200 exhaust and roof rack...and someone else with an Evo IX MR with a loud ass Invidia N1 exhaust...we stick out like sore thumbs. But I love it...I love setting all the car alarms off even more as I drive through
    Last edited by Mikie13; 02-28-2011 at 08:08 AM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That was very well put IMO.

You keeping the Miata too? I don't think anything of them being a chick car. I see more middle aged men driving them around than anything around my parts. My buddy's close friend has a custom built late 90s Miata with a fully built bottom end and a T40 turbo pushing about 9-10psi. He has near 325 to the wheels! Thing's a beast that runs low 11s in the drag, and handles like its on rails.
    Thank you. I got the Miata a couple years ago when I crashed my old Impretzel wagon and I've wanted a WRX for years, I've been a Subaru fan since I first got into cars. I love my Miata for the performance, even with just IHE mods as I have it, but it has been living in Buffalo NY for the last 12 years and the years have taken a toll. My plan was to fix the rust issues and supercharge it, but I recently got promoted to the local manager of my office (as the youngest person in the company /self promotion) and now I'm in the financial situation to be able to afford a new '11 WRX Premium, which is exactly what I want. It took some time for the 08+ hatch to grow on me but with the '11 style I absolutely love it and can't wait to have one of my own. Once the WRX is paid off I plan on picking up a 04-05 Mazdaspeed MX5 but my current Miata is better off being turned into a down payment on a WRX.

James

Mine's the blue one up front, pic is from a cruise of my NYS roadster club

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Lol classic.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Quote Originally Posted by jcruiza120 View Post
    Thank you. I got the Miata a couple years ago when I crashed my old Impretzel wagon and I've wanted a WRX for years, I've been a Subaru fan since I first got into cars. I love my Miata for the performance, even with just IHE mods as I have it, but it has been living in Buffalo NY for the last 12 years and the years have taken a toll. My plan was to fix the rust issues and supercharge it, but I recently got promoted to the local manager of my office (as the youngest person in the company /self promotion) and now I'm in the financial situation to be able to afford a new '11 WRX Premium, which is exactly what I want. It took some time for the 08+ hatch to grow on me but with the '11 style I absolutely love it and can't wait to have one of my own. Once the WRX is paid off I plan on picking up a 04-05 Mazdaspeed MX5 but my current Miata is better off being turned into a down payment on a WRX.

James

Mine's the blue one up front, pic is from a cruise of my NYS roadster club

I like it man...I've always thought they are a good looking roadster. I like the front Splitter. I want to get an APR CF version like that for my STI.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha.. 56.. Apparently you don't know The Bo yet... I'll be lucky to hit 30

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Im a 16 year old girl so my wrx fits me perfect...
    dont make fun of me.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    dont make fun of me.
    To easy...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm percieved as the most awesomest dude on the road. I scoff at any other vehicle that doesn't look like it can go from 0-Awesome in no time flat.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.