How are you perceived in your WRX? - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on How are you perceived in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax or "Dude, why is your wagon parked for months?" Oh that's right, the gears that is ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    or "Dude, why is your wagon parked for months?" Oh that's right, the gears
    that is true but soon my friend very soon she will be alive again. I had to pay for some things for the new apartment me and my wife got so i have to wait another week to buy the gears.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i felt like i was too old for my civic. most of the ppes who drive them are in their 20w. im in my 30s now. i feel like my age and my car compliment eachother now. i drive a 02 wrx wagon and i love it. WAY more functional and age appropriate. but by no means is a scoooby boyish or ricer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Digital View Post
    i felt like i was too old for my civic. most of the ppes who drive them are in their 20w. im in my 30s now. i feel like my age and my car compliment eachother now. i drive a 02 wrx wagon and i love it. WAY more functional and age appropriate. but by no means is a scoooby boyish or ricer.
    Well...a Subaru is more or less as much of a ricer as any Honda...it's still Japanese, little 4-banger...except its got a pressure cooker for its rice maker
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well...a Subaru is more or less as much of a ricer as any Honda...it's still Japanese, little 4-banger...except its got a pressure cooker for its rice maker
    Pressure cooker - well said. But I think you can really camouflage the beast in a rex much easier. Compared to a honda, it was designed from birth to haul *ss. Even if you don't add a single mod to the car (which would be impossible to do...) it still rips when it needs to.

ITs not the arrow that makes the indian

Quote Originally Posted by chefbabu View Post
    ITs not the arrow that makes the indian
    That is by far the coolest statement I've heard in awhile
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Im a 16 year old girl so my wrx fits me perfect...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I feel like a wolf among the sheep.I am Legend.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Im a 16 year old girl so my wrx fits me perfect...
    IBTLH
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Who cares what you are perceived as while you are in your car or stepping out of your car. You are the person you built yourself to be and you are who you are. A car is no measure of that, if someone wants to judge me because I stepped out of a Subaru any differently then I step out of my Nissan, or chevy, or whatever I happen to be driving then I don't care to know them, work for them, or them work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Who cares what you are perceived as while you are in your car or stepping out of your car. You are the person you built yourself to be and you are who you are. A car is no measure of that, if someone wants to judge me because I stepped out of a Subaru any differently then I step out of my Nissan, or chevy, or whatever I happen to be driving then I don't care to know them, work for them, or them work for me.
    ^this 100%
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    I just saw an old guy, probably about 60 or so, driving an 10 wrx hatch. I thought it was pretty cool that he had a fun car.
    Hey, I resemble that remark! I'm retired and bought my WRX at age 48, over nine years ago. No one comments on it other than the kid at the E-Check station who was mock-humping on it. The Trashwagon is a slightly modified stealth machine driven by an old bald guy.

Besides, I ride a powder blue scooter with blue leopard print seat cover for people to yell at me on.
    Last edited by smorris; 02-27-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

LOL. What I think is funny is that you young kids fail to realize that some of us old guys were not OLD when we first started driving subarus. Im on my 3rd. Went from an Outback in the 90s, to a Legacy GT in 05 and now this WRX in 2011. The other thing young guys forget is, that about age 40 most men buy their mid life car, usally a Vet or Porsh and never drive above 75mph again cause they cant afford to do the maintance. However, SMART old guys drive SUBARUS TURBOS cause they can afford to drive them the way they were ment to be driven without having to take out a loan out to get a tuneup done.

I Support ClubWRX
    That was supposed to be at 40!!! I bought the gtr at 28.... :facepalm:

LOL. Becareful if thats your midlife your full life is 56.
    Last edited by Mikebravo01; 02-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Yes dear polishing the underside of the rocker panels IS important.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.