How are you perceived in your WRX? - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on How are you perceived in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I say screw em.. if they dont like it.. too bad, I do.. and thats all that matters. Other people ...

I say screw em.. if they dont like it.. too bad, I do.. and thats all that matters. Other people can have a say when they start paying payments and insurance for me.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I say screw em.. if they dont like it.. too bad, I do.. and thats all that matters.
    There you go.

I'm quite proud I have the best performance car (by a bunch!) in the parking lot where I work. If they don't get it, **** em!

(I did not dodge the swear filter - I actually typed 4 *s)
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know how I'm perceived by older people,nobody has said anything to my face but kids love my car,I'm now the cool uncle or cousin.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Lets' see most people see my WRX and think it's owned by a guy until they see a lady come out of it. LOL!
    Yeah, it depends also on age so far everyone I talk to likes my Subie.
    I get asked alot if I bought the car with the mods or did I add them.
    When I tell them I bought my WRX bone stock.
    They seem a little surpise a girl would spend her extra money on her ride.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    In the end it should never be about what other people think about you based on your car, but on how you feel about the car you drive and how it makes you feel. Everytime I get in my WRX I know what I've got - and it feels damn good. Anyone who gets it, gets it - and those who don't aren't the kind of people I care about impressing anyway. I just put 'em behind me (literally) and smile wide!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I'm 39 and just getting my '11 sedan in a few days. I have never cared what people think of my rides and I've had a lot. People who are into cars will appreciate all that is WRX, the rest are just fanbois of whatever they drive.
    -Keith
    '11 WRX sedan

i'm a few months shy of 50 yrs old ,bought a wrx last year. tossed between camaro and wrx. i'm so happy with the wrx. i don't care what people think! drive on!!

As a 38 year old woman driving a WRX, I seem to draw either very confused looks or looks of mild approval - except from my husband, who only looked at my ride long enough to go get his GTI chipped so it would have as much horsepower.

Some new people at my work saw me drive up in my wrx and then come to find out later they were asking if I was an arrogant *******...lol so I decided to fit the part if they're going to be passing judgement just based on the car I drive...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    I enjoy going to the drag strip. On wednesday nights it's 30 bucks for as many runs as you can get. So you get all kinds of cars and people out there. I've raced all kinds of cars, with all ages behind the wheel... I have yet to have someone come up to me and call me a "ricer" or treat me like I'm "arrogant" or a "racer kid". I had a 50+ yr old corvette owner lose by close to a second, and pulled up behind me in the chutes and we talked for a good 15-20 minutes about the subaru and the corvette.

In a non motorsports setting, I will occasionally get the audi A4, or some form of civic, etc. try to race me, but I don't oblige them. Never had any negative comments on my car, or had any poor treatment from anyone. If someone pictures you as a "punk ass kid" because you're driving a WRX... then either they're a very closed minded person, or you are a "punk ass kid". Remember, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by PHDX View Post
    As a 38 year old woman driving a WRX, I seem to draw either very confused looks or looks of mild approval - except from my husband, who only looked at my ride long enough to go get his GTI chipped so it would have as much horsepower.
    hahahaha.. hubby couldn't handle the competition eh? Thats awesome. lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Some new people at my work saw me drive up in my wrx and then come to find out later they were asking if I was an arrogant *******...lol so I decided to fit the part if they're going to be passing judgement just based on the car I drive...lol
    See what's funny about this is that I'd think a dude rollin up in a prissy lil Bimmer would be a arrogant *******.. but in a subaru? ... I'd be more inclined to think the boss has a bit of "mad scientist" streak vs arrogance. lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenmann View Post
    Update: I have been accepted to Columbia University and am likely going since it's about the only school I got into. Do people in NYC drive or is more trouble than it's worth?

Lived in Manhattan for 2 years and I think it's probably more trouble than it's worth. Unless you plan on taking many roadtrips on the weekends, your car will probably end up sitting on the street for weeks at a time. Parking is a major pain and subway/cabs are much easier for getting to most places. I definitely wouldn't buy a new car to bring to NYC, if anything go with a beater.
    Last edited by rapidwrx; 02-22-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX
    http://www.rapidcars.com

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    When I lived in manhattan I kept my car in pound ridge at my cousins house. There is no way id let a new car sit on the street around columbia.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Almost 30, married, 1 kid, and 3 jobs... I don't have time to worry about what people think about my car - LoL! When I see it I see the car I worked hard to earn and I find any excuse to drive it. Anyone giving me the stink-eye is probably just jealous they can't drive something that makes them feel so youthful.