How are you perceived in your WRX? - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on How are you perceived in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I came off as a douche and I'm sorry. I didn't intend it coming out that way because I was ...

I came off as a douche and I'm sorry. I didn't intend it coming out that way because I was just going along with your self deprecation that the car "gets no respect." I bet that car would be fun to play around with basically any car on the road include exotics (not that we talk about that stuff around here).

If I lived anywhere else in the US with snow and stuff I'll definitely like a WRX since the car owns on the loose stuff (rally ftw), but in LA it seems like overkill and often looked down upon. Average age of WRX/STI drivers that I see is about 23. It rains less than 30 times a year and what the local mountains call "snow" is pretty disappointing.

My dad dad is reluctant to let me get a WRX because of the stereotypes that comes with it. It's not as bad as an evo, but still every ricer would try to race you, especially if you have a loud exhaust.
    Last edited by Eisenmann; 11-23-2010 at 12:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltonmega View Post
    Actually, this is a father to be posting...
    Congrats on the baby!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Congrats on the baby!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yep, I have 2 kids, 8 and 12. I've been slinging them around corners in a WRX since they were and infant and a toddler.
    You are an early achiever, congrats!
    Do you have any recommendations of aftermarket high performance car seats?

Haha, that's funny! I don't have one still waiting , but I really don't care what anyone thinks of me anyways, so over that I guess that's what happens when you get to your 40's!

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't wait to be perceived in my new WRX.Too bad I won't get it before Thanksgiving or I could show it off to the family(all of whom have the usual stuff Mercedes,BMW,Lexus)

Quote Originally Posted by sheltonmega View Post
    Do you have any recommendations of aftermarket high performance car seats?
    I have this car seat.It looks like a high performance seat with side impact protection and comes in the same color as WRX upholstery

http://airprotect.safety1st.com/prod...ir-carseat.php
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Who cares what they think, they will only verbalize due to jealousy

Around me (Colorado college town) WRX's tend to get a decent bit of respect... never heard any lesbaru comments.

I seem to get two general types of comments.

1. "Sweet car man, I bet this thing rips!"

Or.

2. "What type of car is that? Whats that funny looking thing on the hood for?"

Eh, peoples opinion change, when you get our of your car, and are still wearing your uniform from work. (especially when you have a fire arm, OC spray, Taser, ASP and handcuffs)

I Support ClubWRX
    The only people who've made negative comments are family members who aren't into cars, and can't wrap their head around my compulsive desire to always modify it.

Due to my job, I tend not to talk to co-workers much about my car. They know I'm an enthusiast, so they'll come to me with questions (tire recommendations, shop recommendations, etc.), but that's about the extent.
    Last edited by EJ257; 11-23-2010 at 04:42 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

KHP
    I don't really care what others think as long as I'm happy with what I have. Around my place I've been having people age 30+ giving me the thumbs up from their Fedex delivery trucks and vans. I'm what you can call a level headed 24 year old Asian dude that probably look like I'm 18 . Subaru's are pretty popular around my place though since I do live up in the mountains that get a fair share of snow.

Update: I have been accepted to Columbia University and am likely going since it's about the only school I got into. Do people in NYC drive or is more trouble than it's worth?

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you planning on living in the city.If you are,save some money for parking.I live 15 minutes from Manhattan,only drive to the city on weekends,otherwise its a lot easier to take the bus or the metro.I have only once taken the rex.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I was planning to live in Morningside Heights.

People's perception of me really depends on what people they are- Older people (30's on up) look at it and see its a nice car, compliment it, and I talk to them nicely and respectfully. However, there are alot of kids around here who are just flat out jerks and are the true douchey people, who perceive me as a douche. Thats okay though, Because I let them whip by me and call me a pansy (obviously not using that word..) because I keep it to the track, and don't drive like a jerk. I hate people my age =/