How are you perceived in your WRX? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on How are you perceived in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am 28 and I love my bananna wagon, my friends and their opinions can go **** themselves. Their joke ...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I am 28 and I love my bananna wagon, my friends and their opinions can go **** themselves. Their joke is that subarus are for hippies and lesbians only.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Most responses I've gotten have been, "Man those LED taillights are bright..."
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Agreed on all accounts. I work with a guy who repeatedly calls me "gay" for driving a Subaru. He says that "real men drive trucks and SUVs." It doesn't bother me, I like a good truck but I absolutely enjoy driving a small, nimble car. It's too bad for him, he will never understand...
    I guess according to him, real men have to buy big trucks to compensate for lack of penis.. and have deep pockets (probably also due to lack of penis) full of money for fuel.

maybe he's gay and projecting his guilt about it onto you...

Your co-worker is a tool. Tell him I said so and give him my address so I can personally kick his lilly suck-u-V driving ass.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenmann View Post
    I agree that it's not so much the car, but rather the person driving. Unfortunately that is not always the case especially where I currently live and go to school. From my experience, I know I have been treated different based on the car I drive. No gaudy mods for sure lol
    Where is this?

you need to move to where real world people live. Ya know.. the ones that have better stuff going on than judging you for what you drive.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

If someone doesn't like what I drive.. or how I drive it.. this is all I have to say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5w_...eature=related

If I had a buck for ever time some hottie in the passenger side of a suv or lifted pickup was eye ****ing me in the wrx.. I'd be sitting on a pile of bills.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I guess according to him, real men have to buy big trucks to compensate for lack of penis.. and have deep pockets (probably also due to lack of penis) full of money for fuel.

maybe he's gay and projecting his guilt about it onto you...
    Small Peen! That's what all my friends that drive trucks say about the guy with the C6 z06. I prefer to make fun of his ability to do unintended 180 degree turns.

I really don't get the big truck thing. Unless it's a turbo diesel that runs 12s I could care less about trucks. If I needed one for work I would get the smallest one possible.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Who cares what people think. I drive what I drive because I like it. I have a lifted truck and love it, but also want another car here soon. I'll buy the car I want, not what other people want me to drive.

*In thought*...... WRX or '02 Z06..... HMMM*

Where is this?

you need to move to where real world people live. Ya know.. the ones that have better stuff going on than judging you for what you drive.
    This is in Los Angeles. I go to school here and applied to grad school here as well so I might be here for a while.

One day, my buddies and I go out and valet the cars (cheaper to valet, not trying to be pretentious pricks). The Boxster stays in front while the GTI gets shoved in the back lot. lol

The WRX "lady factor" is acceptable I guess. My ex replaced me with a WRX driver.

I Support ClubWRX
    Moving is no more realistic than telling someone to ignore what others think. In reality, others do judge what someone drives just like they judge what someone wears or how someone speaks.

I can think of several situations where a WRX could become embarrassing, and at least one line of work where it is simply inappropriate and unacceptable.

Since the OP is in grad school there will be worse cars in the lot. I'd avoid loud colour combos, especially with wheels, but other than that I'd not worry about the car itself. The newer models in particular are very "generic" looking and with any luck they will only draw attention at times when the attention is OK.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah, screw what anyone says, drive what you want. Holy god though, I gotta give respect to turbo diesels... One kept dead even with me, even pulled a little bit on me. But as for most jacked up trucks and suvs... Screw the over compensators.

Some people may judge but who cares. I get some looks sometimes when i get out of my WRX in a suit and tie for a meeting lol.
    NYCE1S.com
    www.Nyce1s.com
    Follow us on our Facebook fan page:Nyce1s.com
    Follow us on Twitter:@Rwnyce1s & @Nyce1s

92' Bubble with K20 swap.Tuned by Yosolo with KPRO
    02' WRX with basic bolt-ons(for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenmann View Post
    This is in Los Angeles. I go to school here and applied to grad school here as well so I might be here for a while.

One day, my buddies and I go out and valet the cars (cheaper to valet, not trying to be pretentious pricks). The Boxster stays in front while the GTI gets shoved in the back lot. lol

The WRX "lady factor" is acceptable I guess. My ex replaced me with a WRX driver.
    OH MY.. thats too funny because my first thought WAS LA.
    My sis lives out there, and its the only place I've ever been that is so pretentious that people will actually make a sealed opinion about you based solely on the car you drive.

Thats pretty sad, no actually its down right disgusting is what it is.

Again, I'll stand by my statement about REAL people/REAL world. I'm not sure what LA is, but a living part of reality isn't one of them. Atleast not by what I saw when I was there. The people were nice enough, but had this underlying vibe that I really wasn't comfy with. Like its all an eminence front.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I find that the civil paladin sub sector of high baby boomer vintage tend to randomly not like seeing the wagon in the rear view. Regardless of the posted and gps accurate rate i travel.

Ive gotten lots of enthusiastic praise or at the least generally wide and squinted eyed wonderment otherwise. Its like I can hear them say in their heads "is that a super outback?...wtf"

. Like its all an eminence front.
    It's a put ooooon!

Sorry... I had to.
    Last edited by 02radioflyer; 11-22-2010 at 04:00 AM.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
    Most people give me a puzzled look when I tell them that I'm getting rid of the Porsche for a Subaru, but the WRX is exactly what I'm looking for right now.
    What's the difference between a porcupine and a porsche?

The porsche has the pricks on the inside. zing!

I kid! I've had an 05 Orange srt-4 with a Carbon Fiber hood, some of the most fun I've had with a car, but I feel like it just looked kiddy.

Traded that in for an '04 GTO, felt like I was a big boy, but a loud ******* big boy.

traded that in for my '07 WRX, cobb TBE. I feel like its the College kids SRT-4, slightly more sophiscated. and more fun to drive. I've never been hassled by the cops, so its alright with me.

outward appearance means nothing to me, unless your driving 2 miles an hour trying to pick up the shawty's...