new to subaru in general

This is a discussion on new to subaru in general within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm fairly new here, well new to subaru in general. Picked up my first 07 wrx 2.5 bone ...

new to subaru in general

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new here, well new to subaru in general. Picked up my first 07 wrx 2.5 bone stock, and I had a few questions.

First of all I don't assume you have to tune for all mods to the engine, well atleast you wouldn't think so.....so the question is, is my rex gonna thro a code if I put a catback on there, or a turbo back? I learned the hard way with the cold air intake and had to put the stock one back on as well as reset the ecu.....no fun.

Any guided dirrection would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdp16 View Post
    First of all I don't assume you have to tune for all mods to the engine, well atleast you wouldn't think so.....
    I would hope so. If the system cannot detect faults, including incorrect parts, it is not useful. The concept behind OBDII is making diagnostics directed, informative, and even automated to some extent.

so the question is, is my rex gonna thro a code if I put a catback on there,
    No.

or a turbo back?
    Yes. At least one code.

Any guided dirrection would be greatly appreciated!
    See the link in my signature for info. Also, figure out a mapping solution if you want to change the exhaust. There are DIY maps available that only require a cable and a laptop.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I've also been looking into getting an access port, but for 500 bucks is it really worth it? Esentially couldn't I do the same thing with a mapping program on my laptop with the cord?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdp16
    I've also been looking into getting an access port, but for 500 bucks is it really worth it? Esentially couldn't I do the same thing with a mapping program on my laptop with the cord?
    Yes. However, with any of the base maps available, you'll need to understand what to datalog, how to interpret the datalogs, and what changes you need to make.

I still recommend people datalogging with the AP to make sure everything is running alright, but many people don't and have no issue.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Having issues is the last thing I want. If I'm going to mod I'm gonna do right. I'm thinking access port, down pipe(because of the horror stories I've heard about them) and a catback, lastly the intake. I've heard switching to the 18g makes decent hp gains, but being so new to the whole turbo/ boost thing, I'm a little afraid to be gungho about mods.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC