New guy... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New guy... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got my test drive in today an all I can say is....WOW. I can tell there is a alot put ...

Got my test drive in today an all I can say is....WOW. I can tell there is a alot put into this car, and there is nothing but potential for even more power just waiting to get unlocked. If anyone lives in Chandler/Phoenix area, I cannot express how pleased I was with the service and the staff of the Subaru Superstore. Extremely helpful and I cannot wait to get my subie, mid dec, maybe even a little earlier depending on deliver date!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by k2bordr03 View Post
    Got my test drive in today an all I can say is....WOW. I can tell there is a alot put into this car, and there is nothing but potential for even more power just waiting to get unlocked. If anyone lives in Chandler/Phoenix area, I cannot express how pleased I was with the service and the staff of the Subaru Superstore. Extremely helpful and I cannot wait to get my subie, mid dec, maybe even a little earlier depending on deliver date!
    First - congrats.

Second - The STI is a better car than the WRX. Period. The magazines don't make sense. Their fundamental claim is that the WRX can make 0-60 shifting once, while the STI shifts twice. Their argument falls apart at the 1/4 mile. To be honest, Car and Driver is the only one that I read that was stating the WRX was faster. All that aside, it really doesn't matter. Have you tested out a 2010/2011 WRX? You will feel the difference immediately. I have had my '11 STI for 2 months now, and love it. The WRX was great too, but - suspension, breaks, 6-spd, raw power is un-deniably better in the STI.

Third - Caution on thinking your dealer is great. They might be, but they might now. You are buying one of the most expensive cars Subaru makes - they should be treating you that way. I too went through this... I thought I "my" dealer was incredible/honest/quick to reply/yadda yadda. Once papers were signed - I had an absolute nightmare. They didn't pay off my loan on my original car (until I threatened with serious action), they screwed up my registration so I didn't get registered in time (I got pulled over by a cop and had some 'splainin to do...), and they screwed up my new car loan by charging too much. On all 3 issues, their first tact was denial, second tact was "blame someone else in the office", and third tact was "why are you so mad at us?"

I hope your buying experience goes better than mine. It took all the fun out of it... Its all behind me now, I am lovin it, and the STI is the best car I have every owned.

Again, congrats.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

so far so good, obviously that can all change once the papers are signed like you have said. Luckily I dont have any loans to worry about to be paid off, and we had a pretty bad experience in Tucson with a test drive. The staff we dealt with in Chandler has been good to work with so far, but that being said I don't have the car yet....it is still being built in Japan more knowledge and got what I consider a good deal on the car...went through USAA car buying service, which is pretty much a no haggle car buyin service. I can't wait to get the car though!!

Now the wait...... this is gonna be a painful 6 weeks...

I Support ClubWRX
    so far so good, obviously that can all change once the papers are signed like you have said. Luckily I dont have any loans to worry about to be paid off, and we had a pretty bad experience in Tucson with a test drive. The staff we dealt with in Chandler has been good to work with so far, but that being said I don't have the car yet....it is still being built in Japan more knowledge and got what I consider a good deal on the car...went through USAA car buying service, which is pretty much a no haggle car buyin service. I can't wait to get the car though!!
    This all sounds very good.... You owe us pics when the car comes in.

BTW.. If you think waiting for the car is bad - wait til you get it and have to go through "break in period." No goin over 4K RPMs for 1000 miles!

UPDATE: This last week I made a trip up to Vegas and visited the subie dealer out of curiousity. That's when I found the car I had to own, I had talked with Mike McGuinness (SOA Performance Rep and I believe also US CUSCO rep) who built the car for Cusco to come and certify it as the SEMA Cusco car. After the show they parked it on the showroom and waited to hear back from Cusco to buy the car from them. I saw the car and instantly knew what I wanted and after convincing the wife this was all the modifications I would eventually add, she also was on board. After about an hour of negotiation, we reached a deal. I found the car friday, drove it off the showroom floor saturday and just found out that Cusco ended up contacting Subaru of LV to buy the car back after I drove off in my prize. I cannot say enough nice things about Mike McGuinness and Mark (salesmen) to include the rest of the staff we dealt with at SoLV. I had originally odered the car in phoenix but I ended up with my new STI from vegas and couldn't be happier. I am waiting for my rally armor to get here so I can protect my paint/vinyl so it will most likely be garaged until I get the install done. If there are any meets, let me know I would be more than happy to bring the car out, just keep in mind I am trying to not drive a ton until I get the armor installed

btw...Nobody mentioned the stay under 4k for 1000mi
    they told me to drive it like I was going to normally... but here she is http://www.shutterhawk.com/Sports/Ca...09283723_yvUjf
    clear bra is due to go on in the next couple weeks and I have to fix a few minor rock chips that I acquired on the way home, so if you see the CUSCO car around Arizona, you kinda know who it is

I Support ClubWRX
    UPDATE: This last week I made a trip up to Vegas and visited the subie dealer out of curiousity. That's when I found the car I had to own, I had talked with Mike McGuinness (SOA Performance Rep and I believe also US CUSCO rep) who built the car for Cusco to come and certify it as the SEMA Cusco car. After the show they parked it on the showroom and waited to hear back from Cusco to buy the car from them. I saw the car and instantly knew what I wanted and after convincing the wife this was all the modifications I would eventually add, she also was on board. After about an hour of negotiation, we reached a deal. I found the car friday, drove it off the showroom floor saturday and just found out that Cusco ended up contacting Subaru of LV to buy the car back after I drove off in my prize. I cannot say enough nice things about Mike McGuinness and Mark (salesmen) to include the rest of the staff we dealt with at SoLV. I had originally odered the car in phoenix but I ended up with my new STI from vegas and couldn't be happier. I am waiting for my rally armor to get here so I can protect my paint/vinyl so it will most likely be garaged until I get the install done. If there are any meets, let me know I would be more than happy to bring the car out, just keep in mind I am trying to not drive a ton until I get the armor installed

btw...Nobody mentioned the stay under 4k for 1000mi
    they told me to drive it like I was going to normally... but here she is http://www.shutterhawk.com/Sports/Ca...09283723_yvUjf
    clear bra is due to go on in the next couple weeks and I have to fix a few minor rock chips that I acquired on the way home, so if you see the CUSCO car around Arizona, you kinda know who it is
    I am very glad you are so happy... I am not one for all the body graphics, but any STI is good to look at. I hear you about the chips.. I got my first chip 2 hours after buying it - frickin Boston roads...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.