Measurement request from a 2011 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Measurement request from a 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 5-door one on order, but I never saw one in-person to take some measurements. I saw some ...

Measurement request from a 2011 WRX

I have a 5-door one on order, but I never saw one in-person to take some measurements. I saw some '11 sedans, and the trunk looked almost as deep as in my Legacy, but I never measured it.

Could someone who has a 2011 5-door please measure the depth (front-to-back) of your hatch, starting from the bottom of the back seat and measuring back to the rear of the hatch? I want to compare it to the depth of my 08 Legacy to be sure that some of the junk that I haul around with my kids will fit in the hatch like it fits in my trunk. It just looks like the hatch (in pictures) is not as deep as the trunk in the sedan.

If any sedan owners want to take the same measurement (for comparison's sake), that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KHP
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2011.html

Above has everything you want to know about your WRX. Scroll down to about 3/4th of the way down for all the measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post

Above has everything you want to know about your WRX. Scroll down to about 3/4th of the way down for all the measurements.
    Wow, that is a LOT of info on there. Definitely gonna read through all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post

Great resource- thanks!

Unfortunately, it looks like the hatch loses 7" of depth versus the sedan (31.5" v. 38.5" in the sedan). That sucks for me when I have to throw a stroller in the car (which won't be forever, but it will be a challenge in the short-term).

Width seems to be close- 42.5" in the sedan v. 42" on the hatch (but that was with the trunk liner).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.