2011 wrx wheel fittment size without rubbing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx wheel fittment size without rubbing within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what size rims will fit on the 2011 wrx hatch without rubbing? What about the offset can you get an ...

2011 wrx wheel fittment size without rubbing

what size rims will fit on the 2011 wrx hatch without rubbing? What about the offset can you get an offset and not rub with 30 or 45 offset?

18x8.5
    18x9
    18x10?
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

interested in this also

Also interested to know what the widest wheel / lowest offset combination can be fitted (without modifying the fenders or guard lip).

This guy has a 2011 WRX Sedan and is running the following wheel specs:

http://www.rimtuck.com/setup.php?id=1161

18 x 9.5 +38 all round

"NOTES
    - No spacers
    - Fenders are not modified, and no tire rubbing
    - JiC coilovers
    - Stock brakes"

Looking at getting a 2011 WRX sedan and possibly fitting 18x9+30 or 18x10+38 all round if they will fit.
    Last edited by Calibre; 11-19-2010 at 07:32 AM.

same im planning on getting the Advan RZ's 18x8 or 18x10 with around 40 45 offset
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibre View Post
    Also interested to know what the widest wheel / lowest offset combination can be fitted (without modifying the fenders or guard lip).

This guy has a 2011 WRX Sedan and is running the following wheel specs:

http://www.rimtuck.com/setup.php?id=1161

18 x 9.5 +38 all round

"NOTES
    - No spacers
    - Fenders are not modified, and no tire rubbing
    - JiC coilovers
    - Stock brakes"

Looking at getting a 2011 WRX sedan and possibly fitting 18x9+30 or 18x10+38 all round if they will fit.
    The linked setup should not be used on any car. The reason he managed as well as he did is because he used tires smaller than I have on a wheel that's 2" narrower than his (meaning too small for what he has). The entire point behind wider wheels is to run wider tires.

I recommend neither of the spec you're looking at. The +30 9" wheels are too low of an offset and the 10" wheels are too large for a street driven Subaru.

Ideal size would be 8.5" with an offset in the +45-50 range.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    The linked setup should not be used on any car. The reason he managed as well as he did is because he used tires smaller than I have on a wheel that's 2" narrower than his (meaning too small for what he has). The entire point behind wider wheels is to run wider tires.

I recommend neither of the spec you're looking at. The +30 9" wheels are too low of an offset and the 10" wheels are too large for a street driven Subaru.

Ideal size would be 8.5" with an offset in the +45-50 range.
    Running wider tyres is not the main objective for all. I personally want my car to have a wider stance, as the standard wheels on 2011 WRX's sit well inside the guards. The 2011 WRX's wider body has an increased amount of guard room over the 2010 model. If the tyres aren't ridiculously stretched and there is no rubbing then I don't see it being an issue.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Running wider tyres is not the main objective for all. I personally want my car to have a wider stance, as the standard wheels on 2011 WRX's sit well inside the guards. The 2011 WRX's wider body has an increased amount of guard room over the 2010 model. If the tyres aren't ridiculously stretched and there is no rubbing then I don't see it being an issue.
    Other than the fact that the offset of your wide stanced wheels destroys suspension geometry making it handle worse and be more of a pain to drive*. This compounded by the fact that it will put life reducing amounts of stress of many parts in your suspension. Reduced handling and less reliability for the sake of extremely question judgment in aesthetics doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

* Reduced tire contact patch, reduced steering response, increase in required steering effort, increased tramlining, extra wheel weight not being utilized to run wider tires, etc.
    Last edited by brfatal; 11-23-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Running wider tyres is not the main objective for all. I personally want my car to have a wider stance, as the standard wheels on 2011 WRX's sit well inside the guards.
    I think the question you should ask is whether it is worth sacrificing performance and reliability for aesthetics? For me, I bought the car for performance and reliability, looks are just an added bonus. If you have a different idea you could go 9.5" wide and not rub like the car in the link. 10"? I don't see how you could get that to fit without modification.

P.S. In my opinion, the car on that link looks rediculous with those skinny tires. Look like it's riding on wagon wheels
    Last edited by jd92677; 11-23-2010 at 11:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.