question about throttle response 98 impreza
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on question about throttle response 98 impreza within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello I have had a problem with my 98 impreza 2.2 auto every since i got it almost a year ...

question about throttle response 98 impreza

hello I have had a problem with my 98 impreza 2.2 auto every since i got it almost a year ago. When i first got the car i noticed that while the car was running in park while holding the brake if i let off the brake and smashed the gas the car would just sputter and slowly move and would not accelerate until i eased off the throttle now once i got to about 10mph i could hammer it with no issues. Now since its got colder out i have to let the car warm up until normal temp is reached until i can drive it or it wont hardly go when i give it gas just falls on its face. I changed all plugs and wire did oil change new air filter and still no luck please help if anyone has an idea. thanks forgot to mention the exhaust fumes smell weird almost like its starving for fuel. forgot also i just installed a new fuel pump

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the check engine light on?

sorry i should have put that but yes it is on took it to a shop they ran the codes and came back as a mis-fire on cylinder 1,2,and 3 lol i also changed the coil pack with no luck either

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.