Front lip spoilers on 2011 WRX? - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

This is a discussion on Front lip spoilers on 2011 WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I found this CF lip & they do group buys.I have emailed them asking about this.So maybe if I could ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I found this CF lip & they do group buys.I have emailed them asking about this.So maybe if I could interest some members on the forum we could get together & buy this lip.

BlackTop Aero Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spoiler For 2011+ Subaru Impreza STI | www.blacktopaero.com

or something more aggressive http://www.blacktopaero.com/content/...za-wrx-and-sti
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I found this CF lip & they do group buys.I have emailed them asking about this.So maybe if I could interest some members on the forum we could get together & buy this lip.

BlackTop Aero Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spoiler For 2011+ Subaru Impreza STI | www.blacktopaero.com

or something more aggressive BlackTop Aero Type VR Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spoiler 2011+ Impreza WRX and STI | www.blacktopaero.com
    I think that ones too small for me, and the other one they have is too aggressive

I bought this one on ebay, and although its not a perfect fit (I assumed that the '11 WRX and the '08-'10 STI were identical, which they are not), for the price I'm pretty happy with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0933.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	98475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0935.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	98476
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

i could be interested in the first one...
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

or something more aggressive BlackTop Aero Type VR Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spoiler 2011+ Impreza WRX and STI | www.blacktopaero.com
    Let me know on this Tony, I would be interested, being I have had the car a week now, I actually noticed the 2nd day a ton of scratches the dealer swears they inspected it and I only had 32 mile son it when I called them, the GM said he would make Subaru pay for it if it looks like truck damage when they took it of, either way I would like to get a Lip and that would look awesome on my SWP

Depending on price with group buy...count me in
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

My question would the CF be easy to crack?

I Support ClubWRX
    The last GB they had was for 15% off for those who put down a deposit.But they have posted that they are all out of the VR lips.I don't know how I missed this GB.I'm not sure if the GB is still open but I have posted on the thread since they mentioned that they have V type lips(the less aggressive design) remaining.

GB: 2011 STI Carbon Front Lip (Type V and VR) + Dry CF Side Vents *** Late April - NASIOC
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    My question would the CF be easy to crack?
    Carbon fiber is pretty strong.It is a lot stronger than the crappy bumper.They don't make supercars & formula 1 cars out of CF for nothing.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

True the CF is really nice, I like the less aggressive one for sure, also SUBARU STi WRX 2011 front lip spoiler / splitter | eBay they still have these on ebay and shipped to the US looking at about $335.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I think that ones too small for me, and the other one they have is too aggressive

I bought this one on ebay, and although its not a perfect fit (I assumed that the '11 WRX and the '08-'10 STI were identical, which they are not), for the price I'm pretty happy with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0933.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	98475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0935.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	98476
    That's actually pretty cool. From which store or buyer did you get it?

The last GB they had was for 15% off for those who put down a deposit.But they have posted that they are all out of the VR lips.I don't know how I missed this GB.I'm not sure if the GB is still open but I have posted on the thread since they mentioned that they have V type lips(the less aggressive design) remaining.

GB: 2011 STI Carbon Front Lip (Type V and VR) + Dry CF Side Vents *** Late April - NASIOC
    Somewhere in that thread they said the 15% off has expired. They might be interested in another GB if there's enough people...

Carbon fiber is pretty strong.It is a lot stronger than the crappy bumper.They don't make supercars & formula 1 cars out of CF for nothing.
    One thing to note (that may or may not make any difference) is that also in that thread, they mentioned that it's CF overlaid on top of fiberglass. Apparently a pure CF lip would be upwards of $1k. Personally, I don't think the overlay makes any difference except in cost.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I like the more aggressive one, I'm defiantly interested but I'm in Canada, dunno how the shippping will be

I Support ClubWRX
    This is the reply I got from the makers of the lip

" I have 10 coming in 2~3 weeks. But some are presold. If confirm, give me a call to reserve them. 30% deposit required.

I'll do $359 per lip and shipping $85 total for all of them to one address.

Thanks !"

Shipping to one address would obviously not work.But it sounds like a good deal.I can just go pick up mine
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

This is the reply I got from the makers of the lip

" I have 10 coming in 2~3 weeks. But some are presold. If confirm, give me a call to reserve them. 30% deposit required.

I'll do $359 per lip and shipping $85 total for all of them to one address.

Thanks !"

Shipping to one address would obviously not work.But it sounds like a good deal.I can just go pick up mine
    That seems like a pretty good deal. it's too bad we couldn't have a East Coast/MidWest "meet" and pick up our lips there...
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me