Still Shopping, A Couple Questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Still Shopping, A Couple Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey All, I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and figured it was time to post. I've done some ...

Still Shopping, A Couple Questions

Hey All,

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and figured it was time to post. I've done some researching and a lot of my initial questions have been answered. I go today to test drive a 2008 WRX and wanted to say hi, give a little background, and maybe ask a couple questions.
    My first car was a 99 Subaru Impreza Outback that I got back in high school. It was a great car and it lasted me a long while (through college) considering how I drove it. Next up was an Acura RSX (base auto). Great car but after a couple years I'm getting bored of it. The big reason is that the 2005 base auto RSX cant really be modded without significant investment up front.
    This brings me to my question. For commuting reasons I would like to get an automatic, but I don't want to make the same mistake I did with the Acura. I want to know if there is much of a difference between modding an EA4T compared to a M5T.

Short Version: I like Subarus but havent driven one in a few years. I'd like to know if I can mod an automatic the same way I could a 5 speed.

Thank you all for reading , and thanks to anyone that replies
    -Elky
    Last edited by Elky; 11-15-2010 at 11:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes you can mod an auto the same way you can a five speed it just takes more $$$ to do it. You have to get a new torque converter and valve bodies inside the transmission to work with the higher horsepower. In the end, I'd say learn to drive the 5 speed if your wanting to modify a car. If you want the car to look good and handle good but not go any faster than stock I'd buy the auto

Quote Originally Posted by Elky View Post
    Hey All,

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and figured it was time to post. I've done some researching and a lot of my initial questions have been answered. I go today to test drive a 2008 WRX and wanted to say hi, give a little background, and maybe ask a couple questions.
    My first car was a 99 Subaru Impreza Outback that I got back in high school. It was a great car and it lasted me a long while (through college) considering how I drove it. Next up was an Acura RSX (base auto). Great car but after a couple years I'm getting bored of it. The big reason is that the 2005 base auto RSX cant really be modded without significant investment up front.
    This brings me to my question. For commuting reasons I would like to get an automatic, but I don't want to make the same mistake I did with the Acura. I want to know if there is much of a difference between modding an EA4T compared to a M5T.

Short Version: I like Subarus but havent driven one in a few years. I'd like to know if I can mod an automatic the same way I could a 5 speed.

Thank you all for reading , and thanks to anyone that replies
    -Elky

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks for the heads up. What are we talking to buy and install the TQ converter and valves? I'm really only interested in going to Stage II (I think), uppie, turbo back, maybe an intake and a tune for sure. I know for the RSX it was going to be a $1600 investment minimum to get the kpro chip into the car so I could tune it, let alone parts.

I know its kinda pathetic that I'm a car guy that cant drive a standard , don't make too much fun.

Learn to drive stick! It's easy and fun! I learned to drive stick back in 2004 when I bought my Ford Focus! I learned on my drive home from the dealership! Its easy dude!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.