Better than a 97 Caravan?

This is a discussion on Better than a 97 Caravan? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I am currently they proud owner of Purple Thunder a 1997 Dodge Caravan that is starting to turn to ...

Better than a 97 Caravan?

So I am currently they proud owner of Purple Thunder a 1997 Dodge Caravan that is starting to turn to crap. I'm starting to look for a new ride and the only car that sticks out is a WRX. I've wanted one since they were first released and now I'm in a posision to get one. My question is can I get a reliable one for around $10,000 and what do I need to look for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can certainly get one for that price. You need to look at whether it has been modified before (stay away if it has) and just get a general check done by a competent mechanic. They are very reliable cars overall, but many have been modified in not-so-good ways.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't think of a Subaru that could come close to a purple Caravan. If you decide to settle for an Impreza anyway, I'd first of all look at keeping the Caravan, and secondly I'd look for a car with a full service history, no modifications, authentic parts used throughout, and ideally a single owner (preferably an owner with zero interest in the "sport compact" scene).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I can't think of a Subaru that could come close to a purple Caravan. If you decide to settle for an Impreza anyway, I'd first of all look at keeping the Caravan.

It is hard to imagine anything being better than a purple Dodge.

"It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    This thread is chalk-full of WIN!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Everyone's got to start with some car. Depending on where they come from... hand-me-down's cars can be hard... to look at.

There are 02-04's going for around or less than 10k.
    Please read the Stickies (FAQ)'s in this part of the forum for all the information you'll need.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-purchasing-forum/

It's mentioned in the stickies, but keep in mind the insurance price. Call you insurance company and find out how much a WRX will cost you a month (6months/year, whatever), and factor that in to your budget.

BTW: Welcome to ClubWRX!