From BMW to Subaru? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on From BMW to Subaru? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Best of luck! Where abouts South Jersey are you anyway? I am in Voorhees....

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Best of luck!

Where abouts South Jersey are you anyway?
    I am in Voorhees.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

UPDATE GUYS:

So I won't even waste my time telling you about the dealership I went to yesterday. All I'll say is they wanted to sell me the car for 3k OVER msrp and only give me $5500 for my car. So to any future owners: do NOT go to Prestige Subaru in Turnersville, NJ

On the other hand though, the dealership I went to today? Amazing!! Glanzmann Subaru in Feasterville, PA. They have been the only dealership to treat me like a normal person. They also are one of those no BS type dealerships. They're giving me a great price on the WRX and also offering me a great trade in for the Bimmer.

I am going back tomorrow to put a deposit down and order the car.

Car Details:
    '11 WRX Premium 5-door
    Dark Grey Metallic
    Arm Rest Extension
    Media Hub (which apparently is standard on the premium? All the other dealerships told me it wasn't)

I am SOO excited right now that I actually got a deal that was good enough to actually do. Thank you to everyone on this forum who has answered questions and given me advice.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter20ga View Post
    My 2010 WRX only has 2,000 miles on it, but to date it is rattle free. Paint is still perfect, too. Of course I don't track the car, or drive off-road or on gravel roads much, and that helps keep things tight and tidy.
    haha.. I dont do any of that either but the front of my 2010 looks like it was sandblasted.. so does the windshield.

you dont drive much highway do ya? .. it takes its toll.

in regards to stealerships.. well.. do the math.. NJ / PA .. which state has the higher ******* count per capita? .. of course you found a better dealer in Pa.

Good luck on the sale and enjoy the new ride! Always nice to have a new member to the fold
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Good luck on the sale and enjoy the new ride! Always nice to have a new member to the fold
    Thanks bud! :thumbsup:

Alright guys. I am OFFICIALLY joining the vast group of people on here who are waiting for their new '11 Rex to be delivered.

Put a $500 deposit down today.

Couldn't be happier right now.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats dude, can't wait to see pics of it.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Congrats dude!

I think all that matters is finding a dealer that is willing to work with you.

I had great experiences with Coleman Subaru in Ewing, NJ and then at Fred Beans Subaru in Doylestown, PA.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Thanks guys! I also found a possible buyer for my car this week. If it sells I won't have anything to drive until the new car gets here except for my dad's 1999 burple Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Thanks guys! I also found a possible buyer for my car this week. If it sells I won't have anything to drive until the new car gets here except for my dad's 1999 burple Tacoma
    I sold my car within the first week of ordering my WRX. It was awful. My wife got so sick of hauling my butt around. The car finally came and I am now a happy man. It sounds like you may still have access to a car to get you around so it shouldn't be that bad for you.
    -Mitigate

So after two days of haggling with this guy from NY about the price of my car and finally coming to a deal he turns around and tells me that he cant come down here to pick it up and that I will have to bring it up to him (3hrs away) to complete the sale. LOL really guy?

People these days.....

So a bit late as you already ordered the car... but just to help put your mind at ease -- it sounds like you've already heard all the negatives from people on this thread, including the issues you were worried about, and you're still stoked on it! That alone should give you the reason to get it

So I just wanted to give a quick little update to mark the beginning of week 3:

I sold my car this weekend (got a great price but REALLY sad to see her go) Bye Bimmer

So just for the hell of it I decided to email my dealership just to let my sales associate know that I will not be trading my car in, but making a big down payment. She emailed me back saying yea that's nice ect...I just wanted to get to the part where she tells me how much longer I have to wait until I get my REX....

aaaaand then I see her tell me that she still has no eta at the moment and will let me know when she does. Fail. Ugh I'm getting so impatient at this point lol even after I told myself I wouldn't.

I think I wouldn't be that annoyed if I didn't see other people ordering after me and getting an eta and in one case I saw someone who ordered two days after me and already has a VIN!

This is also a concern, but a small one: I am getting VIP pricing from my lovely neighbor lol and she already did all the paperwork and it took SOA a week and a half to get back to me letting me know it is approved and all. What concerns me is that the paperwork expires after 45 days. Which for me will be the first week of January. So if it expires before I get the car I have to ask her to re-do it and may have to wait another week and a half or so after it arrives.

/rant
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

If it makes you feel better, I ordered my WRX hatch at the end of Oct and last I checked, it'll be here at the end of Dec at the earliest. Mine is a white base WRX 5 door with a couple accessories for $23,800.

I'm coming from owning a BMW too or I should say the WRX will become my main ride while the M Coupe is hibernating for the next 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ongnoi View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I ordered my WRX hatch at the end of Oct and last I checked, it'll be here at the end of Dec at the earliest. Mine is a white base WRX 5 door with a couple accessories for $23,800.
    Well, hopefully you'll get it soon. Too be honest, I have no problem waiting however long (realistically) I just would like to know how long I have to wait you know?

Quote Originally Posted by ongnoi View Post
    I'm coming from owning a BMW too or I should say the WRX will become my main ride while the M Coupe is hibernating for the next 4 months.
    I always loved the M-Coupe. Such a gorgeous car. My plan (eventually) is to get an E46 M3 as my weekend/track/fun car. I don't want to take my dd up onto a track, too much of a risk for me. So once I buy a house and am financially able to, I'm going to get another Bimmer.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Well, hopefully you'll get it soon. Too be honest, I have no problem waiting however long (realistically) I just would like to know how long I have to wait you know?

I always loved the M-Coupe. Such a gorgeous car. My plan (eventually) is to get an E46 M3 as my weekend/track/fun car. I don't want to take my dd up onto a track, too much of a risk for me. So once I buy a house and am financially able to, I'm going to get another Bimmer.
    +1

M-Coupes are sick. They have such a wide stance and a pretty fat ass!

Wide ass wheels and tires...things just look mean.

I too would love to have an E46 done up right to be a fun weekend car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.