REPLACEMENT BULB FOR MY '11 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on REPLACEMENT BULB FOR MY '11 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BANSwee BIG thanks! I have an '08 HONDA CRV that I replaced the bulb (philips x-treme) they ...

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by BANSwee View Post

BIG thanks!

I have an '08 HONDA CRV that I replaced the bulb (philips x-treme) they really do make a big difference. NOT sure if they have bulb for H11.

About the H11 that you have replaced with H9, I am not sure what you were saying about light distribution.. (don't they have same lumen? )

What brand did you get for the replacement bulb?
    No H9 usually are ~700 Lumens brighter they are a 65W bulbs compard to 55W H11. I don't know whether the stock harness can handle the higher current requirement. Be warned that replacing the H11 with H9 can potentially melt your headlight wiring harnesses and possibly the enclosure itself.

Anub1s is saying that the additional lumens of the H9 bulb really displays the beam cutoff problems in the stock Halogen headlight projector.
    Last edited by KHP; 11-10-2010 at 10:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    No H9 usually are ~700 Lumens brighter they are a 65W bulbs compard to 55W H11. I don't know whether the stock harness can handle the higher current requirement. Be warned that replacing the H11 with H9 can potentially melt your headlight wiring harnesses and possibly the enclosure itself.

Anub1s is saying that the additional lumens of the H9 bulb really displays the beam cutoff problems in the stock Halogen headlight projector.
    OK. I thought they are of the same lumen..

Do we have on board owners who replaced there bulb with philips crystalvision ultra?
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

I totally understand.

I have my conclusion before I began with this thread... and this is not a debate! we are here to find solutions...
    If you have your conclusion already then I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. This has been discussed countless times and it is to the point that it ends with the same highly polarized and often belligerent responses (see above). A search here, NASIOC, and 3gwrx will provide all the information you need to find an appropriate "solution"...although you'll need to sift through a lot of crap.

how are they illegal for years when every luxury car comes stock with HID's? Am I missing something? I live in the suburbs and every single luxury car coming down the road that is blinding me is obviously HID's including my MB bluetec e320 which has 4200k HID's...

Last edited by Yorty; 11-11-2010 at 11:47 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorty
    I just called my cop friend and he said that aftermarket HID's are illegal because of the purple/blue tint that blinds people. but if they come from factory with the car then there not... very dumb..
    You should be able to determine why this is actually quite wise.

so luxury cars are allowed to have them but aftermarket are not very strange..
    Why might this be so?

Why are people of forums so weird and out of the ordinary?
    Giving advice on a safety issue should not be taken lightly.

N y do people criticize people on the internet.. like who gives {EDIT}
    Please do not dodge the swear filter.

I made six figures this year and I'm not even 21 yet.... I really don't think I'm dumb.. thanks...But ill keep my misinformed, uneducated advise to my self...Currently in my masters program with a 4.0..yea I'm very uneducated.
    None of this is the issue (in fact, I'm at least somewhat resisting the temptation to talk about how education and infallibility don't go hand in hand...).

The issue is the serious potential for reduced visibility if the OP were to fit HIDs in the existing housings, plus the serious potential for increased glare to oncoming traffic. Those don't combine well.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal
    Keep your misinformed, uneducated advice to yourself... Just because you choose to act out on stupidity, it doesn't mean you should advise others to do the same.
    Please let's keep this more mellow and civil as this thread involves new members after all.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorty View Post
    N y do people criticize people on the internet.. like who gives a {EDIT -- Please do not dodge the swear filter / SD} some people are jealous and they think because they have knowledge about a bulb that makes them hard.
    You make six figures and have a 4.0 towards a Master's?

if you cant afford a vehicle that has safe and legal HID's that arent going to blind people or melt your headlamp housings, just deal with it.

"I tranfered from Yardale, where I maintaned a 4.0 grade point average"

NO ONE CARES
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    If you have your conclusion already then I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. This has been discussed countless times and it is to the point that it ends with the same highly polarized and often belligerent responses (see above). A search here, NASIOC, and 3gwrx will provide all the information you need to find an appropriate "solution"...although you'll need to sift through a lot of crap.
    see the title of this thread!!!
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

see the title of this thread!!!
    If the only information you needed was in the title then here you go: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    If the only information you needed was in the title then here you go: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

I'm sorry but I guess everyone can go online look-up for something. I believe most people here on the forum wants an idea/experience from other owners.
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I can understand how people argue about opinions. When people have to argue with someone over facts however, it is disturbing.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Yorty View Post
    how are they illegal for years when every luxury car comes stock with HID's? Am I missing something? I live in the suburbs and every single luxury car coming down the road that is blinding me is obviously HID's including my MB bluetec e320 which has 4200k HID's...
    The main reason is that there are certain design criteria for lighting and the manufacturers design and test to ensure that their cars meet that criteria.

As far as I know, there are no (or few?) plug and play kits made where they are tested and approved in the same manner. As has been mentioned in this thread and others, the light source and the optics of the headlight have to be considered together. The aftermarket does not do that afaik.

Similar to exhaust systems - the OEM's have to meet ALL the laws, while very few aftermarket mfrs do - they usually put a 'not for street use' disclaimer on their product and then plead ignorance when they know for sure that 95% of their product is used on the street by the public. Diesel truck exhausts and Harley exhausts are two good examples. HID kits are in that group. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    You make six figures and have a 4.0 towards a Master's?
    Don't forget, this is the internet - where everything is real.

Quote Originally Posted by wrecks View Post
    Don't forget, this is the internet - where everything is real.
    Wrecks, what brand did you get for the H9? Is it possible that you post some pics taken during night?

BTW, somewhere I encoutered people suggest about HIR replacement. I emailed Max Lumen, here is the reply..

Hello- There is no HIR bulb that replaces an H11. You can use HIR9011s to replace your high beams, and some Subies use HIR9012s in their fog lights. I can't look up 2011 cars, so check in your owner's manual.

Thanks for asking,
    Max

2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.