Just bought 1st bugeye lots of mods but boggs down - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just bought 1st bugeye lots of mods but boggs down within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tuning won't fix electrical issues....

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Tuning won't fix electrical issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well yesterday i took the cobb accessport and went into it and put back to reg ecu settings and didnt have an idle problem today.. was able to let it warm up and stayed running for 15 min before i took off.. didnt act up at all.. still sputters though.. i have watched the gas gage and in 90 miles i have went through half a tank... when i let it warm up i could smell gas.. i havent ran it hard either to use that much fuel... thoughts?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by got2blast View Post
    well yesterday i took the cobb accessport and went into it and put back to reg ecu settings and didnt have an idle problem today.. was able to let it warm up and stayed running for 15 min before i took off.. didnt act up at all.. still sputters though.. i have watched the gas gage and in 90 miles i have went through half a tank... when i let it warm up i could smell gas.. i havent ran it hard either to use that much fuel... thoughts?
    I hope you didn't do this...... You have larger than stock injectors....

just talked w previous owner.. yes 900cc.. im noot feeling a good reply coming on...

If you have the AP just go here http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3061 an DL the right map for your car. just select the year and check to make sure your mod's meet the requirements. good luck
    Nah......we can make it go faster

thank you very much!!!! ill keep ya posted!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    just talked w previous owner.. yes 900cc.. im noot feeling a good reply coming on...
    Cylinder wash. Basically you have too much fuel in engine and it washes the lubricating oil off the cylinder walls and leads to accelerated wear/broken rings. It can also contaminate your oil. Your injectors flow twice what your stock ones would have.

Quote Originally Posted by LucWRX View Post
    If you have the AP just go here http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3061 an DL the right map for your car. just select the year and check to make sure your mod's meet the requirements. good luck
    Read his mod list. Absolutely nothing on the site would help him.

so what can i do?????

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Restore the map, change your oil, and hope no damage was done.

You're going to need to do a pre-dyno inspection (~+$250) before getting tuned to make sure it's not a physical problem. If it is, tuning won't fix it and they likely won't want to touch it until it's fixed.

so what can i do?????
    There are no shortcuts here. Put the old map back on and drive it like a baby just to a tuning shop. Don't drive it otherwise or you're risking something going catastrophically wrong.

It needs a professional tune. PERIOD.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    There are no shortcuts here. Put the old map back on and drive it like a baby just to a tuning shop. Don't drive it otherwise or you're risking something going catastrophically wrong.

It needs a professional tune. PERIOD.
    +1 spend the money and you will not be disappointed
    Nah......we can make it go faster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12