New to the Subie world.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the Subie world. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just purchased a 2004 Subaru WRX Sti. Had my Civic stolen and returned in a few pieces when it was ...

New to the Subie world.

Just purchased a 2004 Subaru WRX Sti. Had my Civic stolen and returned in a few pieces when it was found. So I got this now. Just wondering what are some legit sites to get aftermarket parts from? And what are some good first mods?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site

Is the car caught up on proper maintenance? If not, make sure you do that first. If you don't have a service history, assume it hasn't been maintained.

Good "first modifications" varies based on what you're looking to do with the car. Quality tires and a good alignment will drastically improve handling. A turboback exhaust and a tune will give a good bump in power. Driveline mounts/bushings will tighten things up and improve the overall "feel" of the car.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah the car is caught up on it's maintenance. I have the service records for it and everything that needed to be done is now done. Now by my understanding a turboback exhaust is the down pipe and a catback...correct me if I'm wrong. And a friend of mine who has a 02 bugeye says to change out the up-pipe for an aftermarket one as the factory up-pipe has like a pre-cat thats pretty restrictive. And I just put some Drag DR-31 wheels and Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 tires for the winter.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    sti's already have a catless uppipe, so there is no need to change it out unless you plan on getting an EWG or a much larger turbo

read this: First Modifications - what to do and not to do

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCupcakes
    Now by my understanding a turboback exhaust is the down pipe and a catback...correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are correct.

Here's a decent diagram that may help:

NOTE: This was made before STIs came out, and applies to the 2.0L WRXs. The 2.5L Imprezas no longer have an catalytic converter or EGT probe in the uppipe.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.