Snow tires?

This is a discussion on Snow tires? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up my 2011 wrx last week. New Subie owner. Had a Mini S for years with snows for ...

Snow tires?

Just picked up my 2011 wrx last week. New Subie owner. Had a Mini S for years with snows for winter. I asked the Subie dealer if I should get snows and he said no?? He looked at me like I was crazy. Live in CT and head north a lot. What do you think???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to ClubWRX!

You should get snow tires or at least all season tires because the lower the temperature gets (lower than 40F) the harder and less usable the stock summer tires become.

Remember AWD doesn't help you stop

Please look though some of the other threads on this topic.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search...archid=3920853

I believe the stock tires/rims have pressure sensors. Do you need to get them for the snow package? Will the sensor system cope without feedback?

If you buy an extra set of rims for the snow tires you will need to either buy new sensors or have the stock sensors moved from your stock rims.
    If you do not do this then the tire pressure warning light will come on and stay on.

Thanks-I was not sure if it would recognize that they were not there and turn itself off. I guess I have no choice to add them onto the package at Tire rack.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I think snow tires are totally necessary on an 11 the stock tires are not going to be any fun in the snow, and downright dangerous on ice.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

your dealer is an idiot.
    I have both a set of summer and winter tires/rims. They're worth their weight in gold.
    The winter tires dont have the TPMS sensors, just live w/ the light for 5 months and check your tire pressures every other week or so.
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO