Finally, I am an owner of an STI!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finally, I am an owner of an STI! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After many years of Waiting, I am finally a owner of a 08 black STI. The car was well taken ...

Finally, I am an owner of an STI!

After many years of Waiting, I am finally a owner of a 08 black STI. The car was well taken care of and was in immaculate condition. Deal was through a private seller who ended up trading it in to the dealership where I was able to get it certified with all new breaks, tires, and 6 year/100,000 mile warrenty. Only mods that have been done are: smoked overlays on the tail-lights, front lip spoiler, and window tint. Although it looks nice as is, I want to do my own thing now that I can say I own a suby

I am wanting to go with the blacked out or "murdered-out" look (tail lights, grill, badges, wheels, and as dark as I can legally go tint.) basically anything that can be black. I have always loved the look of the blacked out look even it is "over rated." I also plan to getting a new stereo, and change out all the lights/gauges/footwells to blue. and adding blue gauges

here's my suby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iphone4 111.jpg   iphone4 112.jpg   iphone4 108.jpg  
    Last edited by Rawz; 11-04-2010 at 05:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

Enjoy that subie, its a great car.

My .02 is to take it slow with the visual mods. It's really easy to overdo it. Nothing looks worse than 10 lbs of stuff in (on?) a 5 pound bag.

would love to see some pictures...keep us posted
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Oh ofcourse! haha I don't want to over do it all! not trying to look fast and furious haha
    Last edited by Rawz; 11-02-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: add a word

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats

That is a great car that you own. Did you happen to get a compression/leakdown test performed before you bought the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I am wanting to go with the blacked out or "murdered-out" look (tail lights, grill, badges, wheels, and as dark as I can legally go tint.) basically anything that can be black.
    Although it is your car, I strongly urge you to think twice about this. Blacked-out tail-lamps are very dangerous. You will greatly increase the likelihood of a rear end collision in inclement conditions (basically, when you will enjoy driving your STi the most )
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club, and Congrats on the STi!

I can't wait to see pics.
    Black out look would be cool, but yeah with taillights don't go to dark.
    I've been rear ended with my light blue tinted taillights. I can only image if my taillights where blacked out.

With window tint you should be able to go pretty dark in the back. My WRX wagon has 15% in the back and 35% in the front. The Cops have never pulled me over for the tint.
    One of the many joys of owning a Wagon.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.