Finally, I am an owner of an STI!

This is a discussion on Finally, I am an owner of an STI! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After many years of Waiting, I am finally a owner of a 08 black STI. The car was well taken ...

Finally, I am an owner of an STI!

After many years of Waiting, I am finally a owner of a 08 black STI. The car was well taken care of and was in immaculate condition. Deal was through a private seller who ended up trading it in to the dealership where I was able to get it certified with all new breaks, tires, and 6 year/100,000 mile warrenty. Only mods that have been done are: smoked overlays on the tail-lights, front lip spoiler, and window tint. Although it looks nice as is, I want to do my own thing now that I can say I own a suby

I am wanting to go with the blacked out or "murdered-out" look (tail lights, grill, badges, wheels, and as dark as I can legally go tint.) basically anything that can be black. I have always loved the look of the blacked out look even it is "over rated." I also plan to getting a new stereo, and change out all the lights/gauges/footwells to blue. and adding blue gauges

here's my suby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iphone4 111.jpg   iphone4 112.jpg   iphone4 108.jpg  
    Last edited by Rawz; 11-04-2010 at 04:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

Enjoy that subie, its a great car.

My .02 is to take it slow with the visual mods. It's really easy to overdo it. Nothing looks worse than 10 lbs of stuff in (on?) a 5 pound bag.

would love to see some pictures...keep us posted
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Oh ofcourse! haha I don't want to over do it all! not trying to look fast and furious haha
    Last edited by Rawz; 11-02-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: add a word

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats

That is a great car that you own. Did you happen to get a compression/leakdown test performed before you bought the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I am wanting to go with the blacked out or "murdered-out" look (tail lights, grill, badges, wheels, and as dark as I can legally go tint.) basically anything that can be black.
    Although it is your car, I strongly urge you to think twice about this. Blacked-out tail-lamps are very dangerous. You will greatly increase the likelihood of a rear end collision in inclement conditions (basically, when you will enjoy driving your STi the most )
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club, and Congrats on the STi!

I can't wait to see pics.
    Black out look would be cool, but yeah with taillights don't go to dark.
    I've been rear ended with my light blue tinted taillights. I can only image if my taillights where blacked out.

With window tint you should be able to go pretty dark in the back. My WRX wagon has 15% in the back and 35% in the front. The Cops have never pulled me over for the tint.
    One of the many joys of owning a Wagon.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009