Roof Mount ???

This is a discussion on Roof Mount ??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey does anyone know anything about the roof mount option for the 2011 WRX? Is it a quality mount or ...

Roof Mount ???

Hey does anyone know anything about the roof mount option for the 2011 WRX?

Is it a quality mount or am I better off with a third party?
    -Mitigate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw it the other day at the dealer...the bars themselves seemed to have good fit and finish. I think they sell for ~$200

The sales guy said I could then go with whatever brand/style attachments I wanted...so that you could shop around for.

I picked up my 2011 wrx last saturday. I had the rack mounts installed. Installing a Thule bike and snow board rack tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by xkonajohnx View Post
    I picked up my 2011 wrx last saturday. I had the rack mounts installed. Installing a Thule bike and snow board rack tonight.
    Are you using the subaru feet with your Thule bike and snowboard rack? Or did you switch the feet out with a Thule? Do you feel the factory mount is good? Why did you opt not to get the bike and snowboard rack through Subaru? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to get some more opinions before I decide what I want to do.
    -Mitigate

Quote Originally Posted by mitigate View Post
    Are you using the subaru feet with your Thule bike and snowboard rack? Or did you switch the feet out with a Thule? Do you feel the factory mount is good? Why did you opt not to get the bike and snowboard rack through Subaru? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to get some more opinions before I decide what I want to do.
    I am using the subaru mount with new Thule racks. I have several bikes (downhill, freeride, dirtjumper). All thru axel. The thule racks are easier to use if you do not want to remove the tires. I had a mini for years with a mini rack package-it did not work as well as my friends Thule's and was not transferable. My bike was always off camber with the oem rack.

Quote Originally Posted by xkonajohnx View Post
    I am using the subaru mount with new Thule racks. I have several bikes (downhill, freeride, dirtjumper). All thru axel. The thule racks are easier to use if you do not want to remove the tires. I had a mini for years with a mini rack package-it did not work as well as my friends Thule's and was not transferable. My bike was always off camber with the oem rack.
    Could you elaborate on what Thule parts you bought ? Thanks! I'm on the fence regarding which base bars to get.

I will let you know the model numbers for the Thule bike and snowboard racks when I get home. I picked them last night-Still in the boxes. The roof bars are stock from subaru. They mounted them when I picked it up last week.

Thanks John