Hopefull future 2011 WRX owner....few ??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hopefull future 2011 WRX owner....few ?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How many of you guys leased your 11's? also as I am reading many of you are waiting 3-12 weeks ...

Hopefull future 2011 WRX owner....few ??

How many of you guys leased your 11's?

also as I am reading many of you are waiting 3-12 weeks for your cars....what is required/on the line during this wait?? I really want to order one, and if I can order it while saving a few extra k to throw down that would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mine required a 1000 dollar down payment before they would order the car, I am still waiting for it to arrive, and I m buying not leasing.

I ordered mine and it took right around 6 weeks. I put $500 down as a good faith deposit.

I also purchased, took the 2.9 financing. Made much more sense to me over leasing for my situation.

Good luck.

I'm hoping the finance rates stay low by the time my car arrives

I ordered mine last week (purchase versus lease) and they asked for a $500 deposit. Actual delivery is unknown at this point, but will probably be mid December based on the dealer's experience.

Mine took 6 weeks to the day from order to delivery. The dealer (Roger Beasley in Austin) didn't require a deposit though since I really didn't order any options....was really not a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by felsea62 View Post
    I'm hoping the finance rates stay low by the time my car arrives
    Shouldn't they give you the price and finance rate of the time you ordered the car? I know that was the case for my car and my gf's.

I ordered the car via an internet sales rep. It required nothing down. I am two weeks into my wait and I will be buying.
    -Mitigate

I ordered mine with $300 down. Took 8 weeks to deliver, but that allowed me to save up for snow tires! I also bought, using the 2.9% financing. I'm gonna keep this car forever, so leasing didn't make sense.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Shouldn't they give you the price and finance rate of the time you ordered the car?
    They can only really give you the base price (before taxes, upsells, etc). They won't give you an Out-The-Door price because registration fees may change, taxes, etc., plus they will want to upsell you.

You can only lock in a finance rate on the day you pay for the car. So even though I ordered 5 weeks prior, I could only get the financing that was available on the day I bought. So I lost out on the 2.9% and got 3.9%. That's still an awesome rate, but clearly not as nice as the 2.9% that was available when I ordered.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

thanks for the replies...

does anyone know what the residual would be on a 2011 WRX Limited?

I am pretty sure I would keep the car for a long time as well but the lower payments of a lease are very attractive to me.

also what sort of credit are they requiring to get the 2.9% financing on a "buy"?

FWIW I bought and my credit is superb (839)...I got the 3.9% financing.

It's possible they denied me the 2.9% just because I got the car well under invoice and they wanted to make back some of that money. I'm not sure exactly but I don't see any info on the 2.9% online so maybe that expired? I suspect the more likely scenario is that they screwed me out of it on purpose.

Has anyone bought within the past 1-2 weeks and gotten the 2.9%? I bought on 10/29.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    FWIW I bought and my credit is superb (839)...I got the 3.9% financing.

It's possible they denied me the 2.9% just because I got the car well under invoice and they wanted to make back some of that money. I'm not sure exactly but I don't see any info on the 2.9% online so maybe that expired? I suspect the more likely scenario is that they screwed me out of it on purpose.

Has anyone bought within the past 1-2 weeks and gotten the 2.9%? I bought on 10/29.
    see this was going to be my next question....it seems like we get screwed when ordering because you lose all leverage of negotiating....we wait 6+ weeks for "our" car and then we have to fight the dealer with them full knowing it will be damn near impossible for us to walk away with it sitting on the lot.

I don't like that.

I placed my order last Wednesday, and am purchasing the car. I walked away from several dealers as they required a $1000 non refundable deposit. The dealer I ended up using only required a $200 fully refundable deposit, makes me a lot less nervous waiting 8-12 weeks (the time i was told) to receive the car.

Yeah the deposit varies by dealer...when I was shopping I was told as low as 200 and as high as 1000. Ended up paying $500 which went towards the down payment...not too shabby.

I don't know how this applies to a lease, however, nor if you CAN pre-order on a lease
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast